PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great news, Maryland had so many bills this year, and an abbreviated session, so they are way behind. Yesterday was "cross over "day. Bills that had not made it out of committee have no chance of moving forward. This one did not move. My wife's boss, did not support it and she sent this to anyone who inquired, and her comment:

This is the form reply that I am sending to all who are emailing about it and want Paul to oppose. However, neither the Senate nor the House bill has made it out of committee. So very little chance at this point that they will be considered.

Dear Mr. Jones,

Thank you for your recent email regarding Senate Bill 177 – Business Regulation - Flavored Tobacco Products - Prohibition. I appreciate you contacting me about this important issue.

Senate Bill 177 has been assigned to both the Senate Finance Committee and the Senate Budget and Taxation Committee. It was heard in the Finance committee on January 28, 2021. As a member of the Senate Budget and Taxation Committee, I will certainly oppose this bill in committee should it pass out of Finance. If it should pass both committee’s and make it to floor of the Senate Chamber, I will continue to vote against it.

Thank you again for contacting me regarding this important issue. I value your opinion and sincerely appreciate you taking the time to contact me. If I may ever be of assistance to you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact my district office at 240-313-3929

Sincerely,

Paul D. Corderman

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Nice ?.

Unfortunately, Maryland did just increase the tobacco tax quite a bit though. Cigarettes went up $3 a pack and dip went up $1 a tin. I haven't bought any pipe tobacco or cigars recently, so I don't know how much those have risen.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm 8 miles from PA and 20 from Boswells, or 40 minutes to JB Hayes in VA, so I haven't bought any pipe tobacco in Maryland in a few years. I'm not even sure where I would go in Maryland these days (with Faders closed).

orzel

Lurker
Feb 9, 2021
If there is any tobacco that is flavored, War Horse is the most flavored. When I placed my order when it was first released the box wreaked of the aroma, and even the postman said it was smelling up his truck. The smell has dissipated some, but it still is overwhelmingly flavored.

I believe they said it was also supposed to have belladonna and valerian root. But, I'm not sure those made the final cut when they remade it.
Valerian? For real? It smells like dirty feet!

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

garywlee

Lurker
Dec 5, 2020
Woodbridge, VA
Yep, that's why I'm glad I live over in Virginia, but the folks down in Richmond are almost as bad, they're working on a lot of screwball actions from what I here. They're legalizing recreational marijuana, but penalized tobacco use!!!

They put a 20% excise tax on all processed tobacco bought from outside the state. And they tax the crap out of that tobacco bought inside the state!!!

That's once reason I shifted from buying gas station cigarettes to RYO and picking up my pipe again, that way I have control.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.