PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittyd

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
So there I was sitting in the sand, filled with desperation and fear, when out over the water a black shape appeared. As I strained my eyes, a shape came into view. It was a giant black frigate ship! I lit the signal fire and waited. As the long boat approached, I heard the Captain call out permission to come aboard. So seriously I just finished my first bowl full of black frigate and it's wonderful! It helps that I am spending the week at the beach! I taste chicory and dark black molasses up front and the the spicy Turkish leaf gives a slightly spicy and smokeless from the latakia. Needless to say I am HOOKED! YUM!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Aye, welcome aboard indeed! Glad you liked it, and aging it only makes it better! :puffy:

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Man if you saw all that from a bowl, I don't think I want to ever touch the stuff! 8O
Seriously, though, I've my interest mildly piqued about Black Frigate or at least Blockade Runner, but I must ask, is the Frigate stronger than Nightcap or Warhorse?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Nothing at all like Nightcap or Warhorse. Blockade Runner is the base for Black Frigate, however, and is substantially stronger in the rum department. BF takes BR, and adds Orientals and a small bit of Latakia. BF is very similar to Sextant.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good stuff, for sure. I smoked my tin in a week. You try to reach for another blend and your hand just navigates over to that one. Ahoy mately.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Ahoy matey! I just swash-buckled my way through the SP's stores and pillaged and pilfered my way to a tin of the BF myself. Been wanting to try this stuff since I joined and saw so many other pirates indulging. Should be stoking the flames on the BF very, very soon, and I can't wait!

Jan 8, 2013
Welcome aboard the Frigate, Smitty! :clap:
welcome-aboard-jpg.81368

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
I don't wanna say we told ya so, but....
NOW, *next* order of bidness is to get you a job. Cutlass, cuirass, or polish brass -- nobody sails for free!

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Some serious good stuff, ainnit, smitty? I've smoked it & BR, & frankly I like Frigate better. I also have some Belmont Station I haven't cracked yet. Might do that this afternoon after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.