PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Has anyone here purchased, heard of, or have any kind of information on Marlborough pipes? I recently scored this estate pipe, marked Marlborough 699...it was a $1 deal, can't lose, and its a champion of a smoker, but I was curious to know more about it, who made them, etc.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
That is very interesting, I have never heard of these before. Good deal there for a buck!

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
I've seen a couple of these go on the block, and they go for pretty reasonable prices...I'm thinking of snagging a couple more. I kind of feel like they aren't commanding higher prices because no one can find any concrete info on them! Then again, I love my Lorenzo, and I've heard a few people complain about their Lorenzos...maybe I just got lucky? redbeard, thanks for the compliment and coalsmoke, good looking out on that theory, seems highly plausible.

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
Just wanted to share an update...I got an inlaw to dig around (seeing as they live in MA, I thought maybe they could find something up there, maybe from someone in a local smokeshop who might take extra special interest in local pipe history) and what I got back was that these Marlborough pipes are seconds from a bigger manufacturer, and the fellow she talked to said he believes that these are Sasieni seconds. Still have not found concrete evidence of this, but if anyone knows of a way to trace there the company seconds go and what names they might sell under, might be able to confirm or refute this. Either way, I'll be watching for these Marlborough pipes, cause this was a big win to me!

kibo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 22, 2014
SW PA
It's a headscratcher for sure... A pipes dollar store would be a hoot, but likely it'd be cobs and and Brylon, mostly. I can't find anything to tie it to Sasieni (or anyone else for that matter), just second/third hand word of mouth. So I got nothing, haha. Thanks coalsmoke, petes03, and redbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.