PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Folks:
One of my twin sons, Ben, is currently going through the United States Marine Corps Officer Candidates School in Quantico, Virginia. He's been gone for three weeks and, aside from a hurried and required written paragraph home to his parents, we haven't heard from him since the USMC commandeered his smartphone two days before the course started.
Ben is the square jawed, blue eyed young man on the right of this pix and we miss him very much. At 12:45 in the morning, Central Time, he's either racked out, studying in the head or standing fire watch. (If you're so inclined please remember him and his brothers in your prayers.)
19_zps4e10117e.jpg

These young men are your future front line of defense and they'll stand the wall gladly.
Fnord

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
You must be so proud of your son. I wish him great success, that he serve proudly, and may God bless him and all our service men and women.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
As a Navy man I salute all the Marines , peopl who know their shit, shoot great, almost can cuss like a Navy man, their only fault is shining their Brass in the Passageway of a ship, They all do it so it must be trained in em. On a serious note their is nothing more honorable than serving your country. Squared away young man, I"m proud of him like you are Jim. Semper Fi.

cynyr

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 12, 2012
Tennessee
“Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.”

― Ronald Reagan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The Corps stands up for its song into their old age. Once a Marine, always a Marine. I got out of the Navy, mostly,

but you never get out of the Corps. Safe passage to your son, and his dad.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations Jim and well done to your boy. He will always be a man apart and a son to be proud of.
Andy

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
It's not unusual to not hear from anyone in training for a while. It took about a month for my letters to be received at home and 6 weeks for me to receive mail at MCRD San Diego when I was there. Mail isn't very efficient when it's just chasing you. It's alittle different there though since training back then was between MCRD and Camp Pendleton. I'm sure he'll write when he has some square away time that isn't devoted to polishing something. God bless!.

carlomarx

Can't Leave
Oct 29, 2011
State College,PA
Looking good, Jim! I was thinking about Ben the other day, wondering if he was in the first increment. He looks great. OCS is tough, but I'm sure he'll make it. Don't expect many letters from Ben but write to him as often as you can, it'll mean the world to him.
Are you going to the graduation? I know how proud you are, you've raised a fine man. Ben will be in my prayers tonight for sure.
Bill

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I misspoke in my earlier post. I can still sing all the words to the Navy Hymn, at least the first verse,

and my wife marvels at how I fold clothes like I'm packing a seabag, and is annoyed because I still wear

flop sandals in the shower. So I guess you don't ever really get out of the Navy either.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Our greatest asset as a nation. You should be proud, but I also know it's hard. He looks like one squared away Marine!

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
Fnord, I was in from 00-04 and miss it sorely. He is going to be taken to the limit but that's the Corps. I also like the Marine Corps philosophy on forging commissioned officers. It's done at the hands of enlisted men; people you will hear about from him called Sergeant Instructors. I know you are a proud papa as you should be! Do you know what field he wants to go to?

Status
Not open for further replies.