I'll need to head back.

At night I use soap,
So it won't turn taupe,

I watch what I am fed
So it won't turn red!

Now what more can I rhyme,
Oh my, its turned ORANGE!
😄
Brings to mind a similar rhyme - back some years when most of Oz was in the grip of an El Nino drought. About conserving water

If its yellow
Let it mellow

If its brown
Flush it down

:rolleyes: Yes, toilet humour I know, but........
AND nothing to do with the OP cray

telescopes

Pipe Dreamer and Star Gazer
😄
Brings to mind a similar rhyme - back some years when most of Oz was in the grip of an El Nino drought. About conserving water

If its yellow
Let it mellow

If its brown
Flush it down

:rolleyes: Yes, toilet humour I know, but........
AND nothing to do with the OP cray
You people in Oz are just a bunch of ...c@nts, LOL.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: OzPiper and Brendan

Michigan_Bill

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2021
Macomb County, Michigan
I have several mm hardwoods and they are excellent smokers. They are not always put together well. You may have to use pipe mud and/or glue. But even then they are totally worth it
I agree on both counts. Both of mine are fine smokers, they each have a good draw and bring out a good flavor. They both also had air gaps where the shank extends into the bowl. Little bit of Elmer's fixed that.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Hey guys, saw on Missouri's website they have a Maple wood poker pipe. I know in general Briar is preferred, I've even been told to avoid anything other wood. But it is MM and everyone loves their cobs. Anyone know if it's a good pipe worth owning?
The vast majority of MM’s production is from their own contracted, 80 year old hybrid seed corn, aged and dried cobs stored for at least two years in the attic of the century and a half old factory.

This General costs $15.95 delivered, and I think is the best regular production run Missouri Meerschaum ever offered, bar none.

My MM hardwood pipe was made of cherry, the new ones are maple or simply “hardwood”.

If Washington Missouri had large deposits of meerschaum instead of river bottom cornfields, they’d all be genuine meerschaums, instead of the best cobs in the world.

And if there was Mediterranean briar growing in those cornfields, the MM second quality line would be made of briar, instead of hardwoods.

The advantage of an MM hardwood pipe is it’s the best $10 new wooden pipe on earth.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I haven't looked at their site in a while.

The Ozark hardwood maple would be a no brainer, if I was in the market for a Maple pipe. $8.95 ea., it's like they're giving em away. That particular pipe may not actually be maple, but a hardwood at that price is pretty inexpensive.

I have a couple Don Warren Maple pipes, and I like Maple. I don't need any more pipes...

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I haven't looked at their site in a while.

The Ozark hardwood maple would be a no brainer, if I was in the market for a Maple pipe. $8.95 ea., it's like they're giving em away. That particular pipe may not actually be maple, but a hardwood at that price is pretty inexpensive.

I have a couple Don Warren Maple pipes, and I like Maple. I don't need any more pipes...
Growing up a half mile South of Bug Tussle, and beside Spout Spring Hollow, several professional wood cutters lived close by.

Those men knew every species of hardwood tree in the woods.

If they smoked a pipe, it was a Dr. Grabow, they removed the varnish from.

They talked of old times when men made pipes from corn cobs, before briar pipes were so cheap and available.

If there was any good substitute for old, cured, and aged Mediterranean briar then we’d all still be smoking Mission briar pipes.

9B3701A9-D06B-40FA-AD4C-F0B0811F4DC2.jpeg

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
the three things I've heard but have little to no experience with, is that they're kind of nasty to break in but not ruin the smoke nasty. They're slightly less durable then briar but slightly. And the biggest issue is the looks which just doesn't just mean that the grain isn't as interesting (I like the way it looks) but that it only comes in a straight forward style and doesn't have the options available. In other words if you like one go ahead and buy it already. Never heard any feel like it was a waste of money.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have one of those MM maple pokers, and it is a great cooker, compact, light weight, and sturdy. They cost six or seven USD apiece. They're ideal if you want pipes on hand to give away to friends who want to try pipe smoking, but I'd also keep one or two for yourself. They look like Danish modern furniture, to add to their appeal.