PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepspringfarm

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2013
Hello all, I have a friend who is looking for a super heavy maple aromatic. He has tried Autumn Evening and would like something with more maple syrup flavoring. I have some Townsman Cavendish blue, but it is pretty old. Just wondering if there were any other suggestions out there.

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
It's kind of hard to believe that someone would want more maple than Autumn Evening. I like it well enough to always have some around, but find that I need to cut it a bit with something neutral because it is a bit too much for me. The aforementioned Maple Street could be the ticket.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Though it is somewhat pricey, maple sugar is awfully good on cereal or buttered toast, to eliminate the

middle-man and just get to the maple flavor. But I'm just not an aromatics guy first. I like tobacco forward

aromatics when I smoke them.

deepspringfarm

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks guys, I picked up a tin of Maple Street at the CORPS show yesterday and I have a tiny mason jar of McClellands Townsman cavendish for him. I have also heard good things about Wilkes (sp?) maple blend.

bphilli75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2013
I don't know if they have more maple syrup, but they are fine, maple flavored smokes. I have Autumn Evening in my rotation and enjoy these others also.

Mcclelland Town Topic - an absolute must if you enjoy maple. Very nice quality aromatic IMHO.

Sutliff Maple Street. + 1 with the others on this.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
deepspringfarm:
I can recommend Wilke Vermont Maple Cavendish. If you friend likes the taste and aroma of maple, then I am confident that he would enjoy this mixture which Ms. Burns, the proprietor and blender, describes as, "Inspired by the unforgettable aroma that rises from Vermont sugar houses in early spring. A well balanced blend of Virginia and Carolina tobaccos along with fermented Black Cavendish and just the right amount of Vermont maple syrup."

deepspringfarm

Might Stick Around
Dec 29, 2013
Well, my friend has smoked Autumn Evening, the Sutliff Maple and Townsman Cavendish Blue. While at the CORPS show I picked him up a sample of one of the new premium captain black.

Guess what he liked best...the captain black!

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
While I wouldn't describe it as a "Maple Bomb", Hearth & Home's Vermont Meat Candy is one of the few aromatics that I've tried that actually do taste at least a little like they smell - but it's hard to go wrong with bacon... Both the bacon and maple flavors come through while smoking, which is quite nice now that fall is in the air again.

Status
Not open for further replies.