PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
The only "cause" Goodell had for Payton's suspension were the pending law suits. There was nothing said in the locker room that hadn't been said a thousand times before in NFL and College locker rooms. Goodell and his new rules are ruining the game.
There was a very bad call last night on a Roughing the Passer. Tackler clearly made a big hit with his shoulder, yet called for leading with his helmet. The game is too fast for Officials to get the call right. The more rules, the more the outcome will be in the hands of the Officials.
Football is a contact Sport. When a player accepts a contract to play, they know that there could be long lasting injuries. It comes with the big paycheck. Banning the Headslap, chopping is one thing, Banning big hits is not Football. Goodell's attempt in trying to make the game safer is folly unless they start wearing flags and ban all contact, which I think is the direction the game is going.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Was it just me, or did anyone else thing the SF vs. Seattle game was sloppy last night? It was like watching a junior high game, with all the fumbles, interceptions, and array of stupid penalties. I was amazed that it was a playoff game (easy for me to say with my fat arse in a chair...).
I too am a Packer fan, so since my priest was once a Tennessee Vol, I'm going for Peyton and the Ponies.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
@saint007 - There was enough evidence to suspend him. People got fired, players got suspended. What more evidence do you want that Payton wasn't in control of his own team and ultimately responsible. So please don't compare Carroll and Payton, because they're not the same. Sure some of Seattle's players have made bad decisions with PEDs and other illegal substances and have served their suspensions but he's never asked his players to intentionally hurt another teams players. Carroll can't be responsible for what the players put in their body outside of football, but Payton is definitely in control of what his players are doing on the field. So your argument for calling Seattle "Thugs" is clearly wrong and some of the coaches you find to be in high regard appear to be more thugish than Carroll. You can think Seattle is thugish all you want, but they're not. They're hard nosed tough guys that play good physical football and back up their trash talk. That's not a thug.
@rangerearthpig - that game last night was a good hard-nosed slobber knocker. Good defense will make any offense look bad. That was a great defensive battle and a great Championship game. Couldn't ask for a tougher battle of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.