PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Capt. Sousie, I'm not referring to you if you at least understand why he was let go. You may not agree with the decision, but as long as you understand why he was traded that is all I care about.
As for my "objectivity," I was asked my opinion about the feelings for Tebow in Denver. I liked Tebow being here, he was going to be our QB at some point, and I supported him. But as a sports fan, I would take Manning any day of the week over Tebow, his "intangibles" and the media circus-hype machine that followed him everywhere.

Aug 1, 2012
I understand where you're coming from, just taking a bit of issue with the jab. Liked the first post of yours though, it was well thought-out and well written.
At the end of the day, I am just happy to see my team actually doing something right again after 15 years.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
Anyone see the, "Book Of Manning" narrated by John Goodman? Brought tears to my eyes as I remember Archie well as a Ole Miss Rebel and legend. I remember Coach Bear Bryant telling the Press that Archie was the best QB any of his teams had ever faced in all of his years coaching. Folks just don't come any better than that family!

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Manning & Fox, I live in NC, Panthers didn't like Fox anymore & got rid of him. & they didn't get beat yesterday, they lost it by themselves.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Should be a close Super Bowl with the Broncos vs the Seattle Thugs.
I'm pulling for my homeboy Manning all the way. #1 Offense vs #1 Defense.
Broncos are a 2.5 point favorite.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
BTW, Farve wanted to drafted by the Saints and not the Falcons. I wish we had!
Not me. I have nieces and a daughter. If Bobby had such trouble with Finks, can you imagine Favre and Finks butting heads? He would have probably killed Carl Smith. He was a great quarterback but, from what I can gather from those that have known him, a first rate jerk. I'm not glad we went a season with Fourcade and even more with backwards throwing Aaron Brooks but I don't think Drew would have even visited Saints if Favre was pulling his retire/unretire

crap at the time. Things worked out and we got our ring against Peyton. Our window with this team is running out, but man are they still so much fun to watch.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
This Manning vs. Brady thing drives me crazy... I love how everyone says Manning is the best "regular season" QB but they give props to Brady for being a better QB because he's had more success in the playoffs. With that said they've only played each other 4 times in the playoffs and they're tied at 2-2 in head to head games.. Even more so Manning is 2-1 in AFC Championship games when going against Brady, so doesn't Manning have the upper-hand there??? Love how people want to tweak and twist the numbers to favor their argument. Besides that Brady played on way better teams compared to Manning and his defenseless Colts all those years. Not to mention Brady won one SB because of the Patriots spying (spygate). Plus Brady with the "Greatest Team Ever" lost to the 9-7 Giants in the Super Bowl... where was the great Brady in that game. Twist and tweak how you will, but Manning is the greatest QB I've ever seen play and I've seen some great QBs in my life (Montana, Marino, Kelly, Elway, Farve, Fouts, Simms, Moon, Young, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers etc.) All members of the HoF or will be members of the HoF.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Should be a close Super Bowl with the Broncos vs the Seattle Thugs.
I'm pulling for my homeboy Manning all the way. #1 Offense vs #1 Defense.
Broncos are a 2.5 point favorite.
@saint007 - why do you call them the "Seatle Thugs". Because they play good hard-nose football the way it used to be played. The 49ers are just as physical, but people want to call them a good defense, and call Seattle Thugs. I don't see the difference??? Seattle is a run first and beat you up with their defense and win the game. Don't see that being Thugs. Its the way football was meant to be played. Everybody these days is into the fantasy side of football and unrealistic numbers by QBs and WRs. If you watched the NFC Championship last night... that is real football right there. Doesn't get better than that right there. Looking at the defensive numbers... Seattle has the best defense and led all three defensive categories and are the first team to do that since the '85 Bears which are regarded by many as the best team of all time. Were the '85 Bears Thugs??? Nope... just a good hard-nosed team just like Seattle. Those Bears were a run first dominant defensive team and that worked out pretty good for them.
By the way... Vegas had the odds initially at 2 in Seattle's favor. It's going to go back and forth up until game time. Odds mean nothing at this point.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
Denver is -2 which make them the favorite.

http://www.footballlocks.com/nfl_odds.shtml
I call any team "thugs" when the Coach lets them act like thugs. Sherman's actions last night were classless. Coaches like Carrol, Harbaugh, Ryan to name a few, allow their players to run their mouths and sheds a bad image of their teams and the NFL. You don't see players acting like thugs on teams coached by Bellichick(Hernandez's actions were outside of the team), Payton, Coughlin etc. Coaches like Parcells and Landry would not have it on their teams. I miss the class acts like Walter Payton, Roger Staubach etc. Allowing these big mouths to degrade the game is not good for the fans, owners or teams.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I know that Denver is favored now, but that's because of the early betting. Initially Seattle was favored by the Vegas odds makers, the betters swayed the bet and its going to go back and forth as more bets come in.
You're adding Sean Payton in with Bellichick??? Did you forget Bounty gate and how he got suspended for an entire year, because he let his players try to kill Brett Farve because they couldn't win without taking him out. Not to mention all the other times they tried to take out other players. Plus... did you see the Saints players trying to punish Percy Harvin last week. I think the bounty's are still in play in NO. Parcells... do you remember LT? Those Giants players of the 80's were pretty chippy and weren't the most stand up guys. Great players but they were trash talking as well.
Trash talk is part of the game and has been for a long time. Did you see how much trash the SF players were talking last week against Carolina? All teams do it and all teams have one guy that runs his mouth a little more than another, but not all of them have a player that can back it up. Sherman backs it up. He's been the best CB in football the last 3 years and there's no questioning that. Name one other Seahawk you think is a "Thug" because of their actions? There isn't one.
As for Carroll and Harbaugh... they get the most out of their players by allowing them to be themselves. They've obviously proven that the last several years. How did Landry's format work in the 80's and early 90's before he got fired? Oh yeah, it didn't because the Cowboys were a joke at that time.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I agree, Sherman's interview was not as classy as it should have been. Here is an article of him giving his reason why.

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/

I still think he let his emotions get the best of him and made bad decision on what to say on his interview.

Sherman, put a lot of time and energy into studying the game. You will be hard pressed to find another cornerback who puts as much time studying the game as him.

Like him or not he is proving to be a very good cornerback.

Sherman-Student of the Game

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Keep in mind as well that Sherman and Crabtree dislike each other very much, and their feud goes back to last year and even goes beyond the field as the two almost got in a fight in an off field function.
You have Sherman that was a 5th round pick and didn't even get taken by his former college coach (Harbaugh) and then went out to prove he was worthy of being in the NFL to become the best CB. Harbaugh wouldn't even shake his hand after a Seahawks victory in week 2 of the season... how's that for class.
On the other hand you have Crabtree that as a rookie held out of training camp and pre-season because he felt he deserved more money. More money for what... he's never even played a single snap up to that point! So you have a guy that's busted his butt to get to where he is and you have a guy that thinks he's all that and a bag of chips and hasn't lived up to the hype. Crabtree hasn't done anything in SF's big games. So why it was not a class act on Sherman's part, emotions got the better of him because of a lot of back stories. Personally, I don't have a problem with it because he "walked the walk". After the fact he realizes that he was out of line and while he's not apologizing he does understand he could have given a better interview.

saint007

Dec 22, 2013
@Metal, that shot on Harvin was a good hit led by Bush's shoulder pads. I hate the new rules as it puts much of the outcome not on the team's play but by the Officials. This year was a record for bad calls and the new rules just make it that much worse.
That entire Bountygate was a joke! Other than playing a little ruff with Farve, it was all Coach Speak(DC Williams). Lots of teams had internal cash bonuses for big hits. I've heard much worse coming from player's mouths in the last year all across the NFL!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Well to call Carroll out for a guy that gets emotional and to compare him to Payton after it was obvious he had no control over his other coaches and players was dumb. Obviously the NFL had cause to suspend him.
Yes, the new rules are stupid, but it was obvious in that game the Saints were trying to hurt Harvin, because they weren't hitting the other receivers like that.
Record of bad calls is the under statement of the year. There were so many blow calls this year it was stupid. After that play last night where Bowman got hurt, I have a feeling that rule will be changed to a reviewable play.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Like him, or not, Sherman is a damn fine player that gets results from skill.
Don't you just love how the Fox announcers (except Bradshaw) were all for the 49ers, then after the game pretended that there was no-one else but the Seahawks?

Status
Not open for further replies.