PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jttnk

Lifer
Dec 22, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I have been searching for a while to find some men’s cologne/ aftershave/ scents that I like. I’ve tried Old Spice and Pinaud’s, but it’s too ho hum after a while. Some of it smells cheap or outdated in not a good way.

I just found, and I’m sure I’m not the first, Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. Not just great graphics and marketing, but tons of variety and passion for what they do. Really cool, they have all their scents in $1 samples you can try then get the shave soap, cologne, aftershave etc... you like. Inspired I got a wet shave starter kit. Not shaving the beard, but, cheeks and neck gotta stay nice.

Excited to try out new scents and new shave routine, just thought i’d share. Next thing, I’m sure I’ll have RAD and Shave Soap Acquisition Disorder. Maybe AftershaveAD too!

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements

PS: I’m not affiliated, don’t know them, barely became a customer this klast weekend . Although my guess is the owner is into pipes as well. Just a few clues looking at their products and a videos.

eugenepark

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2018
Oklahoma
I am actually waiting right now for my "Old Old Spice" to be delivered from India.

The US formulation of Old Spice is weak, but the variant they sell in India in the classic porcelain/ceramic bottle resembles the old formula that carries much longer.

Sadly covid effects on intl shipping means I've been waiting 2 months but I think it'll be worth it. That classic scent is timeless.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I am actually waiting right now for my "Old Old Spice" to be delivered from India.

The US formulation of Old Spice is weak, but the variant they sell in India in the classic porcelain/ceramic bottle resembles the old formula that carries much longer.

Sadly covid effects on intl shipping means I've been waiting 2 months but I think it'll be worth it. That classic scent is timeless.
Just smoke Condor.. right @logs ?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Us seniors have to be careful with that smell-goody stuff, lest we put on too much to awaken our less sensitive sniffers. It's true. Old folks can lay on the scent until they can awaken the Grizzlies in the Yukon. I like bay rum scent myself, though to me it only seems to last about four minutes. Bigelow's online has some uptown bay rum, but any chain drugstore has something.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I've never fully understood why men would want to wear scent. Whether it be aftershave or eau de Cologne, why?

My late father used to use Old Spice and I asked him why when I was about 12, he replied along the lines of "wait 'till you start shaving boy then you'll know". Well I waited but still never used the stuff.

Regards,

Jay.?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I’m a freak when it comes to this stuff. I love fragrances too. It’s another “thing” I’m into. I like to find scents that smell good with tobacco.

my favorites are:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Royal Mayfair
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Le Labo Santal 33
Francis Kurkdjian APOM
Francis Kurkdjian Masculin Pluriel

Among many others.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Jay, you wouldn’t believe it but there are forums just like this one but for fragrances. People get really into it, you got your regulars, people with over 100,000 posts, you even have your Jim Inks in frag land, yup there are people that have reviewed thousands of fragrances, there is one guy who stores his millions of dollars worth of fragrances in a vault. It’s like the bizarro world of this place.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Jay, you wouldn’t believe it but there are forums just like this one but for fragrances."

Hawky, that I don't doubt chum, but I also don't doubt those forums are American based ?

Regards,

Jay.?

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Decidedly ,Indian made Old Spice in small 50ml flacons has more distinctive scent but due current poor situation with airlines I opted for Tabac original,also there is this brand called Brut*aftershave lotion but some aficionados'say it is far from what it used to be back in the days

Old Spice, Tabac and Brut must be the trifecta of 70's/80's manly scent in the nordic countries. Brings back childhood memories :)

There is even a quite successful Swedish trotting stud farm named for the aftershave Tabac.
1599740377356.png

Personally I'm a Hega man, old school after shave alcoholic splash made in Uppsala, Sweden
1599741898950.png

May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I’m a freak when it comes to this stuff. I love fragrances too. It’s another “thing” I’m into. I like to find scents that smell good with tobacco.

my favorites are:

Creed Green Irish Tweed
Creed Royal Mayfair
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Le Labo Santal 33
Francis Kurkdjian APOM
Francis Kurkdjian Masculin Pluriel

Among many others.
Hawky, holy shit! ?
245068BC-0B9E-4F83-8ABF-C1EFB3CE2089.jpeg

It better make women’s clothes fall right off for that price! ?
Of course I am that guy whose usual fragrance is “soap.” ?

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Mostly I just use a scented beard oil instead of an aftershave or cologne.

If I use something else, it's usually the "original" Old Spice in the white bottle. The only other cologne I have are two different bottles by Cuba Paris - Cuba Gold and Cuba Grey. Both of those were given to me as a gift because the bottles are shaped like cigars. My wife does like the smell of both of them.

Another interesting smelling cologne is Cigar by Remy Latour. I need to buy more of it because I got a woodsy, leather and tobacco aroma from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.