PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
AND.... its already sold out.

Is there something going on with Maltese Falcon? Are folks buying it up and hoarding it?

bosmer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2017
Hmmm. I have a few tins in the ol' cellar that I haven't even tried yet. Now Im afraid to find out if I like it or not because if I do, its gonna be a hassle to find!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I have a feeling that since McClelland disappeared and Dunhill is almost gone; people have been stocking up on their favorite blends in the event of another brand disappearing. As they say... "cellar wide and cellar deep."

Jan 8, 2013
I have a feeling that since McClelland disappeared and Dunhill is almost gone; people have been stocking up on their favorite blends in the event of another brand disappearing. As they say... "cellar wide and cellar deep."
That's likely it right there. I'm always trying to stock up a few tins of this or that, but I don't get too wild about it. I'm actually thinking about moving toward stocking up more on bulk blending tobaccos. I figure if all the good stuff eventually disappears, if I have enough blending leaf on hand I can just blend my own if some of my favorites are no longer being made. And blending is something I enjoy anyway.

foursidedtriangle

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 22, 2018
Bosmer it tastes about the same as other medium GLP Englishes. Some have a little more lat, some have little more orientals. Depends on your taste which mix you prefer.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Haven't tried any of the newer stuff, but my stash from 2004 isn't bad. Rarely in a mood for that much Latakia but it's nice when I do.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Maltese is great! so silky. its very mild but has great flavor and body.. Damn now I see why its always out of stock.. I shoulda bought more!! LOL

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
Damn now I see why its always out of stock.
Not really. That is a pretty recent phenomenon. A year or two ago it was very plentiful. I am about through a 2007 tin, I actually don't think it is that amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.