PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
Hello all I'm just a few months away from buying my first home.. Small 3 bedroom house, i want to turn one bed room in to a pipecigar den. you all know, the commfy chair the TV and all that jazz. My concern is i want to keep the rest of my home as smookeless as i can. has any one made a den? any tips? doors? ventilation? any help would be awesome

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
Yup, a small window fan. They have small ones with 2 fans in them. There is a switch to allow you to either pull in air or push out air. Personally if it were me I'd wire in a high cfm ventilating fan in the ceiling and run duct work over to the soffit. Limit the amount of fabric that is in the room since it will suck up and retain tobacco smells. Consider a hardwood floor if you don't already have one and don't forget a good lock for your door!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
85royals, I smoke in my smoking den. Which happens to be our 2nd spare bedroom. I smoke in the house, but only pipes. Cigars leave too heavy an aroma for me and my wife has no objections to pipe tobacco. Weather permitting, I use a window fan or just open it up. Clears the air pretty well.

You could also install a bathroom type fan in the ceiling for added ventilation.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Take a corner room if you can.. more light and better ventilation options. I started with a window fan like THIS no carpet will also help.. I used some lightweight weather stripping around the door. You may want to block your air return vent while actually smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.