PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjgoh

Lurker
Feb 25, 2013
Hi Pipers,
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on whether buying a Meerschaum online by way of money transfer Western Union? Like, is it safe? Is it reliable? The pros and cons, etc.
Much appreciate any input on this.

cjgoh

Lurker
Feb 25, 2013
Thanks sothron & numbersix; what about Money Transfer purchase from Storient or Altinok?

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
My two cents worth would be to not even THINK about buying from Storient.
And to be safe, I'd use a CC or paypal for any purchase from a different country. If something happens, you can fall back on your CC or paypal for refunds. What does Western Union offer for help is something goes wrong? I have never used them so I don't know how or if they help of your pipe shows up damaged.
There are advertisers on this site who carry Turkish Meers. (although I still wouldn't buy a Storient from them personally)

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
If you use a wire transfer to buy a pipe from a turkish seller, chances are you will never see your pipe. Forget Storient and Altinok, their reputations suck, and buy from an American dealer who accepts credit cards. Never wire transfer money to a company period. If a company does not accept credit cards it means that the credit card companies shut them off because of too many charge backs.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
I have seen numerous reports saying that one sign the transaction is a fraud is the requirement to use Western Union for payment.
Follow the advice you're getting here and stay away. It's the voice of experience.

dnietosi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 24, 2012
No Western Union. Never again for me at least! Go cc or paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.