Making a Faceted Stem from Vulcanite Rod Stock (video set)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Here's the link for anyone who'd like to watch the process:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFwwtvtKlXW9LSrvtgfAwvFnp9jz7X0Sp.
Some photos of how the project turned out:
P1030408.jpg

P1030412.jpg

P1030411.jpg

P1030421.jpg

P1030418.jpg

P1030420.jpg

P1030425.jpg

gnarlybriar

Might Stick Around
Jun 11, 2009
Chesterfield, VA
There are few in the history of the world - I am thinking da Vinci - that can, possess the mindset and the talent (with the years of experience), desire to (and thouroughly enjoy themselves doing so), such work. George mentions Bo Nordh - I believe that George is the equal of Mr. Nordh (RIP) in his work, perhaps with what George accomplishes, is even more blessed by the Power above, in his work.
Many thanks to you George for your work - and for sharing it with us! What a wonderful thing in this world to be thankful for on such an appropriate eve!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Keep these videos up George!.......... They are fascinating, informative, educational, entertaining, and amazing. All in one video........ Not often a Master shares his secret's, you Sir are the exception......... Many Thanks!.... :worship:

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Thanks for the kind words, gents. It's always fun to share Shop Stuff with interested people. :puffy:
btw, when I check-watched some of that latest batch after they were uploaded, I was amazed to see pixellation appear here and there. Not happy, either, because I go to some pains to do that whole business in HD on my end, plus have a Google Fiber upload connection. :evil:
It turns out that it was just YouTube's "load level estimator" doin' its thang on my (the viewer's) end. Click the little gear symbol in the lower right of any Youtube playback screen, and you can control the resolution you see at all times, as opposed to letting a program decide for you in realtime (meaning bounce between shitty and sharp) as loads change. Move the playback level OFF the "auto" setting by clicking one of the HD ones. :mrgreen:
The only catch is the playback setting will revert to "auto" when you leave the YouTube page. You have to reset the little gear icon each time you visit.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I fainted when I saw these pictures. Once my pulse returns, I will watch these videos with excitement.

Status
Not open for further replies.