PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Hey, like wash day Monday and ironing on Tuesday. Save the stinger and label it if you plan to ever re-sell.
Good advice about saving the stinger.
Polishing shoes, cleaning guns, maintaining guitars, tying flies, maintaining pipes. These are good things. Things with our hands. Not thumbs texting away or staring into a phone screen. Lord please let my influence on my nieces and nephews be true and lasting.

Reactions: seanv and jpmcwjr

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I griped mine with pair of pliers but it did not budge, maybe it's a sign? I can live with it on there as it seems that the tip where the leather washer used to be was removed.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
I
I griped mine with pair of pliers but it did not budge, maybe it's a sign? I can live with it on there as it seems that the tip where the leather washer used to be was removed.
I backed this one out by rotating (habit) it with pliers. It was press-fit as opposed to threaded.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

blues4goose

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 15, 2019
Bethlehem, PA
No, I wasn't so determined to get it out! But I try it in the future, just so that it's warm to the touch?
Yeah, similar to how you adjust a screw-in tenon. Just lick it with a lighter a few times until it's a little warm, obviously being careful not to get it too hot, and it should pull right out

Status
Not open for further replies.