PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

forflakessake

Lurker
Jun 26, 2020
ON, Canada
(Link deleted at OP's request)

I wanted a castello real bad, but after seeing what I wanted brand new to cost (~400 USD), and asking Mike about options. I managed to score the Prince he listed today.

FIrst of all, props to Mike, his advice is excellent and honest.
Second of all, I will take some High Quality shots as soon as it arrives, but hoo boy I am excited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 7, 2016
Mike Glukler won't condone nor need anyone to shill for his business.
Agreed. You can either sign up and get first shot at his inventory, or not sign up and see what is left. I strongly discourage anyone signing up, he has enough “insiders”. He should start a “select insiders” group limited to those of us who have known him for 20 years and more. Insipid emoji omitted.

That is a very nice 1960’s Sea Rock, btw. I think the OP will be thrilled with it.

forflakessake

Lurker
Jun 26, 2020
ON, Canada
I guess I found a nerve of politics really early on, believe you me, I have no intent to stir up trouble.

Very excited for this piece though, the military mount was a must, the bowl shape was a short list choice. One day I'd like to get a clean 55, but I will have to wait until money is no object.

Oct 7, 2016
I guess I found a nerve of politics really early on, believe you me, I have no intent to stir up trouble.

Very excited for this piece though, the military mount was a must, the bowl shape was a short list choice. One day I'd like to get a clean 55, but I will have to wait until money is no object.
A 55 of that caliber shouldn’t run much if any more than what you paid for the 24. Just ask Mike to be on the lookout for you. There are lots of 55’s out there, though people tend to keep them.

forflakessake

Lurker
Jun 26, 2020
ON, Canada
After seeing one that I loved cost twice as much, I felt like I couldn't settle. I had looked on Tabaccheria Corti and found a new one for a price I'd be willing to pay, but considering the element of settling for less, and the rarity of this shape (it seems), it was easy enough to choose.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I can’t take my own photos yet, not did I realize a sign-up would be required. I can assure you I’m not an advertising stub.

View attachment 35727

Okay, cool. Seems to be a handful of folks over the last month, or so, popping up just to drop a subtle advertisement and then leave.

I love those Castello Sea Rocks. I’ve got my eyes peeled for a really lightweight one in a traditional shape.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Mike's a long time member here and past site sponsor, but he's not very active (like many big name vendors). As far as Castello's go, he's one of, if not the premier Castello rep in North America. Mike has a direct connection to Cantu and as such, often has access to pipes you normally wouldn't see outside of Italy. His reputation in the pipe world is sterling, and as you might have gathered, I think quite highly of him.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Without the photo, the prince sounds like an interesting Castello. Though they make pipes in a range of sizes, the ones that are shown most in the U.S. are big pipes, pretty heavy weight. I've seen the medium and small pipes on European sites, and they're excellent, though still expensive, but not quite as high. Sounds like a good catch.

Oct 7, 2016
After seeing one that I loved cost twice as much, I felt like I couldn't settle. I had looked on Tabaccheria Corti and found a new one for a price I'd be willing to pay, but considering the element of settling for less, and the rarity of this shape (it seems), it was easy enough to choose.
They really aren’t rare. Just in demand. And the factory has only recently started working again after being shut for Covid.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Status
Not open for further replies.