PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://thehomewoodstar.com/peopleplaces/some-light-entertainment522/
I have had to back out of club activities these last few months, because of foster parent stuff keeping me busy. I barely ever even get out of the house on my own these days. But, it is nice to hear what has been going on in my leave.
Great article, David did a great job with the interview.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I consider the Briary "my shop". However, being about 2hrs away I don't get to visit often. I am supremely jealous of those who can drop in at will.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
I'm making a trip up to Johnson City, TN in June. I'm thinking about making a stop at The Briary to get out and stretch my legs.

Yeh, it's a camaraderie that I miss. Walking in, and everyone yelling your name, like on Cheers. Skip immediately pointing out all of the new things that he thinks you'd like to try. It has been hard on me, not being able to just drop out for a day and spend it bullshitting about in the smoking lounge. Passing the torch of the Pipe Club was the toughest. But, I have faith that these younger guys can keep the numbers up. For a few years, when Skip didn't have any employees, we had to stop meeting there, and we would meet at restaurants, bars, cigar shops, and even in my backyard. It is tough taking a break. But, as soon as I can, I will be back there, trying everyone's new and aged blends, holding court, and listening to fish tales and bad jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.