PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
This one is a gift to my sister. She had two requirements, it had to be purple and it had to be small. She wants to display it on her mantle, so I figured I'd make it sit.
This thing had nice crisp lines at the stem saddle but buffing a piece this small proved to be quite difficult so I lost some of those lines.
After finishing I notice there is a slight kink in the shank.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
You wrote it was small, but when I saw the last picture I was surprised! I understand your trouble in making such a small pipe and appreciate its "quiet" originality and colours connection. Nice work!

Mar 30, 2014
wv
The picture of it in your hand really puts it into perspective. It looked like a large pipe until the last pic. Nice work! You've been busy.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Thank you for all of the kind words and support. I am slowly getting there. I am taking commision orders for only the price of a full review. So if anyone is interested, please PM me. I have 2 on the wait list and will take maybe 3 more on a first come first serve basis. Keep in mind I don't have a blaster so a smooth pipe will have pits and flaws left visible, and I don't do shank extensions yet.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That was a real gift to your sister, to-order for display, but a perfect smoking pipe all the same, ready for some flake tobacco. I like the shape and unusual stain color, one of a kind. It's good when items are the real thing and not just mock-ups. Your sister must appreciate your very creative work.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
Adam, you've done it again, and to work with such small tolerances takes real skill. I'm certain your sister will appreciate her gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.