PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
So I made it to D.C. this afternoon. But While I had my 2 hour lay over in Atlanta I saw a smoking room. I went in to smoke my pipe and some Squadron leader that when i discovered I left my pipes on my desk this morning. I called my girl to make sure she had a great laugh at my expense. O well looks like i will have to buy more. :puffy:

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Ouch! I always do something stupid like bring a pipe but forget the tobacco.
My personal favorite f' up is when I grab a few good cigars and forget my cutter.

goalee1

Might Stick Around
Jan 21, 2012
I always try to travel with as little as possible so I cut my cigars beforehand, bag em and this way , you only need matches. With the pipe smoking being fairly new to me, I haven't traveled yet with my pipe(s) but with so many places being smoke free, its becoming more difficult when I travel to find places to smoke regardless. G1

adam12

May 16, 2011
So you're in DC.
DC has Georgetown Tobacco and John B. Hayes, both excellent pipe shops.
And I'm sure you brought your wallet.
Good deal if you ask me

grizzly86

Apr 5, 2012
Hey, that is a great idea! I will have to "forget" my pipes next time I travel. I am downright cross in the morning if I don't get my coffee and a bowl.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Done it myself.
Spent an afternoon with my wife, which was supposed to culminate with a pipe smoked at the park between the Menil and the Rothko Chapel.
Had the tobacco and not the pipe.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Not such a biggie, corn cob pipes at pipe shops are like $4 for a legend and they are at every shop.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Honey, I had to buy the Dunhill. Iforgot my pipe & this was the only pipe left at the small pipe shop in Phoenix. :wink:

bigmike

Apr 24, 2012
What a great excuse to buy a new Pipe. I think I'll try that next time....

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I have not made it to Fairoaks Mall but I was in Alexandria VA. this afternoon and was walking the historic king st. shops district and bought a Corncob free hand and 1Q at John Crouch Tobacconist. The guys there where really cool and no pressure to buy the high end dunhills witch they had one I almost bought but then I would have been broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.