PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
I wanted to manufacture a pipe similar to a plant or a leaf. I decided to use a bamboo shank and a green stain to increase the likeness.

Here is the pipe in an appropriate location:
XowXfn6.jpg

I cut the shape from the same block of my last work shown in this forum:
DF76FD6.jpg
i76NjHq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com
/dBmZ0kL.jpg
Ufortunately, after the picture in the garden, clouds came and I could not take any decent shot. The following pictures are inside home with the help of a small flashlight to show the grain. The green appears deeper than the real colour that is more similar to the one in the garden shot.
j1VndWe.jpg
nZEqblP.jpg
XxwwwUg.jpg
KfuXtQM.jpg
JbeEt4N.jpg

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
Very nice. Looks comfy in the hand...

What's the crystalline thing in the last picture? Tamper?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What an elegant pipe, just right for Earth Day. I really fancy the "wave" in the bowl shape. I commend the integration of the bamboo with the rest of the pipe, which is the most difficult part of using bamboo or any alternate material. Just bought a beautiful bamboo stem pipe from Bob Hayes, the eminent N.C. pipe carver, which he sold me at the TAPS pipe show at a breathtaking discount -- made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I wish I'd spent more time expressing my thanks -- I guess I somewhat rushed away, thinking I might wake up, as it were.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
Thanks everybody,sirs.
Bonhed: the object is an alabaster chess tower, used to rest the pipe against it.
Jpmcwjr: you are rigth, but in this occasion the pictures were too dark and the original colour and the grain were totally lost ( I'm just employing an automatic camera).

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
I'm commissioning a 3 wt fiberglass fly rod with the same colors! Green threads, green reel seat, jade stripping guide. Bass pro has a green anodized reel to match! I'll post pics when it's done.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Nicely done! I like the colors and to my eyes, you did a great job economizing and getting the most from your block.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
3wt? Where do you live
Northern California. I'm going to use it for small streams and probably blue gills.

Status
Not open for further replies.