Machine Made Cigars, Black Sheep or a Better Deal?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thinking of folks rolling cigars by hand all day for years is kind of depressing. In days of yore, one of the workers would be hired to read to the others to keep them from going nuts. Now I suppose everyone has headphones. King Edwards are said to be mild, or tasteless, depending on your point of view.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Their is one machine made cigar I actually like, Belindas . It’s a Habanos made with short filler. I never seen it for sale for export.
Yes - these are not bad. I don't believe they make La Troya anymore, but if they do, grab a box as they're very affordable and have a fruity almost cherry note that I associate with a good Romeo y Julieta.

Reactions: ChuckMijo

burleybreath

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
Do they still make Travis Club? My grandfather used to smoke those. If memory serves me well, I think those are machine made with long filler. I haven’t seen them in well over a decade though.
Yes. Finck Cigar Company of San Antonio, Texas, USA. It's their best-selling brand. But they are no longer made in Texas. Outsourced to the Dominican Republic. They are sold all over Texas, in my experience, but nowhere else, except online or by other ordering. Just received their catalog, page 4.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
These nasty machine made cigars are the BOMB in my book. Been smoking them since I was a kid...
BJvWLeF.jpg
Are they a parody of Toscano's ???

Thank you and good night! ?

• Haha
Reactions: burleybreath
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
Yes. Finck Cigar Company of San Antonio, Texas, USA. It's their best-selling brand. But they are no longer made in Texas. Outsourced to the Dominican Republic. They are sold all over Texas, in my experience, but nowhere else, except online or by other ordering. Just received their catalog, page 4.

Yep, those are the ones.

Reactions: burleybreath