PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmake

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2016
Hi there;

Well, i don't use a timer while smoking !

Let's just say i use a relaxed pace, and try to keep the bowl going at a smolder level. Tamper it gently also to keep it going so you don't need to relight if possible.

BTW, stored in a jar, Virginia #1 smells great and does seem to be aging very quickly, mellowing it and improving it's flavor level.

It can surprise you if you give it a fair chance....you see, i was one of those chaps who would say "it burns hot and has no flavor, don't bother with it!'

pilotage16

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2015
I don’t get the tongue bite everyone is talking about. Recently discovered Mixture, and Roll Cake... amazing for my tastes, and 2 thumbs up for everything in the HH line as well.

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
I love some Mac Baren's blends: Capstan Blue, HH BK and ODF and Pure Virginia and Dark Twist, and some others that escape me right now, but Virginia No.1 is one on which I won't spend my money.

oldtoby

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2011
Many who enjoy MacBaren blends like Va.#1 use filtered pipes (Germans and Danes).
Filters will lessen the bite, but sadly lessens the flavour as well, imo.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Generally I like Mc Barens Blends,Golden Extra,HH Line,Dark Twist,Stockton,yet those names what they producing for other brands,

Oldtoby, I'm agreeing with You, nontheless allow me to notice,the major part of Stanwell Pipes are coming unfiltered.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Mac Baren Virginia No. 1 is the only I like from Mac, was a fav.

Thanks for bringing it my attention, have to check my inventory & crack a tin & see if I like it as much as I used too.

Been smoking & loving Dunhill Flake while in FL.

brendhain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2018
Mac Baren English splints are not very "Englishy". I'm more into the old-school heavy Latakia stuff. That said, the only aromatic that I consistently smoked for many years is Mcac Baren black ambrosia. It wasn't until I read the article that I realize that I actually haven't smoked in over 10 years. I might just have to get myself a 10

Status
Not open for further replies.