PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
While in Kentucky this weekend and visiting antique stores with family I stumbled across a stack of these - still sealed. I think these are from about year 2000. What to do, what to do...
Symphony%2BRS.png

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
What to do, what to do...
They need to be vetted to determine if the contents are safe for consumption. My door is always open and feel free to ship them to my home so that I can...determine that they're good to go..*cough, cough* :rofl:
Seriously though, nice find! I hope all the seals are fully intact and they harbor fantastic treats for you inside! If they all look like the one pictured, they were at least kept in the dry and almost brand new! Let us know how they smoke when you pop one!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So did you stock up or limit it to one or two? Might be good ... and aged.

stevecourtright

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2018
Evanston, IL
@carlolinachurchwarden Haha, thanks for the offer. I will try to remember to bring a tin to the next Chicago Pipe Show. Look me up.
@mso489 I picked up all there was - four 3 1/2 oz. tins. It certainly is aged since it's about 20 years old...
@madox07 Harmony, Symphony. It's all music to my taste buds...

ernieq

Might Stick Around
Aug 9, 2018
Great find! Mac Baren Burley (and other) blends tend to age wonderfully for some reason. Burley London Blend, Symphony and Golden Extra come to mind. I opened a tin of Golden Extra from the ‘80s last year and it was like smoking milk chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.