PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
This has been on the horizon for years. I discussed it with Per Jeppsen (sp?) at Chicago in 2015. Solent and Plumcake also have Syrian latakia, as did the long discontinued Latakia blend, although that was just a smidgen. My stash is adequate for my needs. :puffy:

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
I bought a pound bag a few years back from Iwan Ries... still haven't made a dent in it.

bootygrocery

Lurker
Jun 19, 2018
I enjoy it, but it's far from my favorite. I think I might like HH Vintage Latakia more, with Cyprian. I'm one of those weird people that likes Cyprian more than Sirian. My favorite Mac Baren latakia blend is The Solent Mixture.
Cyprian Latakia is a bit too much for me. I find that it overpowers almost every blend I had the pleasure of smoking. It is nauseating when all I taste is the cyprian latakia punch from inhale to exhale to even my black coffee.
I love the HH Vintage Syrian. I can taste the latakia without the nauseating smell and taste lingering I feel from the Cyprian. The Vintage syrian is definitely a lighter-nic blend , but the taste and ease of smoking makes it a true all-day for me. They really did this blend right!

pipebeast

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 20, 2016
I love HH Vintage Syrian. This is one of my top blends of all time. It's such a shame it's going away.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Was never really a fan of the stuff.
May pick up a few tins for use in trading at a later date but I will not miss the stuff.
Does suck for those who do enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.