PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakoguy

Lurker
Mar 19, 2015
Wanted to give you guys a heads up Sutliff has announced on their Facebook page that Mac Baren's Syrian Latakia has run out and the last shipments have been sent out to retailers. So stock up now if you like it.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
Someone posted this news earlier today but the thread disappeared.
But, all may not be lost. Here's a note I see on the Danish Pipe Shop thread for HH Vintage Syrian:
Sold out. Will be back as Vintage Latakia.

Oct 7, 2016
Not sure about other places, but JR has 56 3.5 ounce tins in stock at 9:21 PM EDT 4/16. I got a pound bag from them several weeks back, they are out of this.

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Mac Baren announced this back in November when the packed and shipped their last tin.
They are replacing it with HH Vintage Latakia, made with Cyprian Latakia. Apparently they had to alter the amounts a lot, because Cyprian is a lot stronger than Syrian.

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I'm just not sure about this blend so far. I liked 3 Oaks Syrian so much, and maybe expected this to be in that wheelhouse but to me it's totally different. If nothing else, the stack of tins and 1lb bag should make good trading fodder in a few months.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm surprised their supply lasted this long as it's been known for a while that all the Syrian Latakia was gone.
Well, now that it's in it's final death throes and the word is out all over social media, it will likely be gone before this time tomorrow and we'll see it popping up on Ebay for 150 dollars a tin. I just put in a pretty decent order of it, myself. Not as much as I would have liked, but had to make sure I have a decent amount on hand before it goes the way of the dodo. :puffy:

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
16oz. For me too. I've got a tin that I've never opened. Question for the experts. Do I leave tobacco in the bag to age or go ahead and throw it in jars?

bigjoe

Might Stick Around
Aug 14, 2014
Added a tin to an order a couple of months back, gave it a try after seeing the other thread. Damn that's smooth. Ordered more!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another year or so, and half the blends in my 'cellar' will be discontinued. I tend to buy blends that promise to be available. Ha.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
There was some discussion of this about a month ago... No telling how big the Mac Baren stash of Syrian leaf is. Not the same Syrian leaf that was burned up in a warehouse fire some years ago. There were outages at some of the vendors about a month ago, but most show stock as of now. So I don't know how much truth there is to this.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
This blend has retired more that Ozzy in my 10 months on the forum.
jay-roger.jpg

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
There was some discussion of this about a month ago... No telling how big the Mac Baren stash of Syrian leaf is. Not the same Syrian leaf that was burned up in a warehouse fire some years ago. There were outages at some of the vendors about a month ago, but most show stock as of now. So I don't know how much truth there is to this.
It's hard to refute when the guy that runs Mac Baren puts a video of the last tins being made.
Link to Per Jensen's InstaGram video

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
His video shows the last of the Vintage Syrian for Germany. I'm sure the rest of the world is next but right now Smoking Pipes is showing over 800 tins of the 50 and 100 g tins.

sakoguy

Lurker
Mar 19, 2015
The information is from the Sutliff Facebook page so it should be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.