Mac Baren Burley London Blend Available!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Franco Pipenbeans

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 7, 2021
Yorkshire, England
I looked it up, there are 29 places called 'London' according to Google - far better for my health & good temper to assume they're referring to someplace outside the UK!
I Can’t find anywhere called “Burley Blend” though?

Now it has come to mind, that’s a good name for a retirement cottage, like Dunroamin or Fee-Tup - Burley Blend.

Reactions: Toast

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Is this an Aromatic?

Got a few tins today as I've been on a big Burley kick this summer and it is underrepresented in my collection.

Upon opening the tin, I feared I had made a grave error - the tin note is strongly artifical like a scratch n sniff sticker and there is no smell of tobacco. Fortunately, the aromatic notes don't make it much into the flavor at all - it's a little sweet and artificial, but generally tastes like Burley.

I'm kind of torn; the tin note is repulsive, but the flavor is fine. I'll see how the next few bowls go.

Reactions: Elric

canucklehead

Lifer
Aug 1, 2018
Alberta
Got a few tins today as I've been on a big Burley kick this summer and it is underrepresented in my collection.

Upon opening the tin, I feared I had made a grave error - the tin note is strongly artifical like a scratch n sniff sticker and there is no smell of tobacco. Fortunately, the aromatic notes don't make it much into the flavor at all - it's a little sweet and artificial, but generally tastes like Burley.

I'm kind of torn; the tin note is repulsive, but the flavor is fine. I'll see how the next few bowls go.
I think "repulsive" is a bit much, it just smells like Nesquick powder.

Screenshot_20220801-154454_Google.jpg

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
I have several tins on the way I ordered on a whim. From the reviews I've read, it seemed to be a nice straightforward burley with a slight chocolate/cocoa note. Sort of like a little stronger Prince Albert-type blend. Anyone that's already had this, does that sound about right?