PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2012
This breaking news posted on PipesMagazine by Kevin has been linked to in a few different international pipe forums,

their takes are interesting,

reproduced here with the aid of google translate...
Italy:

The two saints (Bruno and Claudio) have for years been the main fuel of my pipes. I do not know if they were already included among those actually prepared by McB for third parties. If anyone had any information could maybe update. The news of a change in the production alarms me, not always these operations leave uncut products. Let's hope so, I touch just the two fundamental tuttogiorno,

are worried the hell!
smil49888fc449378.gif
France:

Thank you for the info, my dear Nicolas. The taste of those tobacco will therefore certainly a change. For good or evil? The future will tell.
Spain:

I prefer smaller company clusters to huge cigar brands. If they get cut costs by sharing raw materials and production chain, the end will be all same mixtures.
:puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I would have never guessed that 5 Bros. outsold Tuxedo or English Curve Cut because those 2 brands were heavily advertised and 5 Bros. was not...
Thanks for posting that. There's a mystery there (and I say this as a diehard Five Brothers fan!) as to how this quality tobacco sold so much with so little press/advertising.
Maybe people back then were just better at thinking for themselves.

May 31, 2012
I've tried to leave a question on the Mac Baren forum, about St. Bruno Flake specifically, asking if there are plans to import it to the USA, but there seems to be a glitch and it won't let my post go through.
Is the problem on my end or is their forum just messed up?
http://mac-baren.com/forum
It's very easy to register there and Per Georg Jensen is good about answering questions.

Dutch Pipe Smoker

(arno665)
Apr 3, 2013
The Netherlands
dutchpipesmoker.com
I've tried to leave a question on the Mac Baren forum, about St. Bruno Flake specifically, asking if there are plans to import it to the USA, but there seems to be a glitch and it won't let my post go through.
I wish I read that some days ago.. I met Per Jensen (and Brian Levine) at the Inter Tabac last Saturday.. And I saw all their newly acquired blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.