Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter456

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 28, 2017
Plattsburgh NY
Anyone see what I did there with the title?? What matches do you guys use that don't have any weird chemicals on them? The matches I bought, when lit have a clear liquid on them when the flame gets near.

Oct 7, 2016
I use everything as my needs change and whatever is most handy at the minute, but Swan Vestas are very goood matches and I do keep them on hand. But, despite their detractors, grocery store Diamond strike on the box matches get my pipe lit with almost never an issue. Thus I don’t use the Swan’s as often as perhaps others would.

Reactions: danimalia

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Anyone see what I did there with the title?? What matches do you guys use that don't have any weird chemicals on them? The matches I bought, when lit have a clear liquid on them when the flame gets near.
That’s the wax on the stick that keeps it burning. As long as the sulfur burnt off you’re good.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I pick up Swan Vestas when I chance upon them.
I like these Fuente ones that came from Caesars in Vegas but not sure who makes them.

image.jpg

Reactions: BROBS

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
If I use matches to light my pipe, it is usually because the kids enjoy lighting matches and blowing them out.

The brand of matches I use can we widely found in Australia and is called Redheads.

I've heard that Australian millionaire Dick Smith had his own match brand for a while called 'Dickheads' ?

IMG_20200122_230217.jpg

Reactions: burleyboy

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I like the good wooden matches good restaurants bars and hotels always used to have. Nowadays I have to look for them. They light well, just right for a good long flame, but not excessive like really big matches.

But I prefer refillable butanes.

Reactions: burleyboy
Status
Not open for further replies.