PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
The food looks good.
The oysters look amazingly good. I'm licking my lips thinking of them with a glass of manzanilla or fino ?

I love Spanish cuisine and wine
We're very fortunate to have a largish Spanish (and Portugese) population in Sydney, Oz.
And the past few years have seen a huge increase in Spainish wine imports, with a corresponding rise in quality.

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72 and weezell

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
For reasons beyond my control, I could not take more pictures, as I was trying to stop my friend from playing the chimpanzee, only with a few glasses of wine and a few beers, he became uncontrollable. It was a stormy lunch. Next time, I will make a good presentation of the dishes, here, there will be no problems, this time, it will be with my wife. Sorry guys. jack-nicholson-bored.gif

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
The food looks good.
The oysters look amazingly good. I'm licking my lips thinking of them with a glass of manzanilla or fino ?

I love Spanish cuisine and wine
We're very fortunate to have a largish Spanish (and Portugese) population in Sydney, Oz.
And the past few years have seen a huge increase in Spainish wine imports, with a corresponding rise in quality.
Yes my friend. Portugal is a paradise of gastronomic traditions. It is one of the corners of the planet where time has stopped in the past. I think that China is also devouring Spanish wineries, I mean the great export of wines to the Asian giant. I am not sure, but maybe some wineries are owned by Chinese entrepreneurs, with Spanish skilled labor. Europe is aging, I don't know how long the old Europe and its traditions, culture, will last in such a globalist, crazy world or whatever you want to call it.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
For reasons beyond my control, I could not take more pictures, as I was trying to stop my friend from playing the chimpanzee, only with a few glasses of wine and a few beers, he became uncontrollable. It was a stormy lunch. Next time, I will make a good presentation of the dishes, here, there will be no problems, this time, it will be with my wife. Sorry guys. View attachment 163341

Everybody has a drunk buddy. Haha

I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop mine from playing the chimpanzee.

Hell, in the past I've had people trying to stop me from playing the chimpanzee. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Everybody has a drunk buddy. Haha

I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop mine from playing the chimpanzee.

Hell, in the past I've had people trying to stop me from playing the chimpanzee. Haha
Yes, friend Richmond. The thing is, when we go to lunch together, but oddly enough, on his work day, he doesn't overindulge in alcohol. I mean, he's aware that he could lose his job, acting in that irresponsible way. However, he didn't want to be responsible that day, while his friend John was having a really hard time. The next time he suggests we have lunch together, I'll kick him in his beautiful, playful ass.

Jan 27, 2020
That looks great John. I'm not sure if it's common in Spain, but a lot of the Portuguese restaurants I go to here (New Jersey has many), have one of my favorite cuts on meat: beef short ribs which are cut through the bone in a steak like formation and grilled. Really tasty cut but you have to cut around the bone when eating which is a bit of work but worth it.