PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
I'm useless on this iPad so please help.
Some of you guys are hilarious and I've been reacting with "likes" because I don't know how to do those yellow "Ha Ha"s with the face!
Also, if I hit "reply" by mistake, how do I delete it. I need to know this so I can practice with those hieroglyphics at the top of the bo without posting.
Thank you from a technologically challenged old bastard!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've never owned a computer, much less a tablet, and the only reason I own a smartphone is because my service provider stopped supporting flip phones.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Luddite? Luddite? You rang? At least you're on an iPad. My flip phone is strictly low i.q. I'm on a Apple Mac desktop. I tried to contact Forums on my parchment with my quill pen, but I still haven't figured it out. I still use email, which is about as current as a FAX machine if you were born after 1968. Twitter and texting, foreign territory. I never made it to My Space. At work, I started out on a DecMate ... anyone ever heard of that? It worked pretty well when the dinosaurs weren't knocking over the phone poles. Those critters were huge!

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
Luddite? Luddite? You rang? At least you're on an iPad. My flip phone is strictly low i.q. I'm on a Apple Mac desktop. I tried to contact Forums on my parchment with my quill pen, but I still haven't figured it out. I still use email, which is about as current as a FAX machine if you were born after 1968. Twitter and texting, foreign territory. I never made it to My Space. At work, I started out on a DecMate ... anyone ever heard of that? It worked pretty well when the dinosaurs weren't knocking over the phone poles. Those critters were huge!
E-mail? I still use pigeons. Just kidding, but I take a certain perverse pleasure in being unwoke technologically, except where it interferes with my use of this forum. You guys are dragging me in to the 20th century, the last century I can handle. I always enjoy the thoughtfulness of your posts, my friend.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I'm useless on this iPad so please help.
Some of you guys are hilarious and I've been reacting with "likes" because I don't know how to do those yellow "Ha Ha"s with the face!
Also, if I hit "reply" by mistake, how do I delete it. I need to know this so I can practice with those hieroglyphics at the top of the bo without posting.
Thank you from a technologically challenged old bastard!
Try holding down the like button and see if an emoticon (smiley face) menu (small window) pops up.

This is what I do depending on the device/operating system/web browser I'm using.

On one of them, the smiley face window opens up but so does another window asking if I want to open the link in a new tab. I just tap once anywhere but on either of the pop-up windows and I'm left with the emoticon window.

I do tend to use non-mainstream stuff.

Reactions: edger

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I refuse Facebook, Twitter, Tweeter, and so forth and so on. I refuse to get a cell phone because a lan line was just fine, but even that had to go when I calculated I had paid some $19K for service for 23 years. I went to web-based Google Voice which is free. Why in the world would I want to carry around a phone everywhere I go and have to pay some ridiculous fee for the privilege when I can make calls at my convenience from home.

Plus, data brokers and Big Brother love to monitor cell phones. Can you imagine how much Facebook makes selling demographics and histories?

And remember, Facebook is Satan's best allay on Earth. that is if you overlook human stupidity.

Dec 6, 2019
AL/GA
I refuse Facebook, Twitter, Tweeter, and so forth and so on. I refuse to get a cell phone because a lan line was just fine, but even that had to go when I calculated I had paid some $19K for service for 23 years. I went to web-based Google Voice which is free. Why in the world would I want to carry around a phone everywhere I go and have to pay some ridiculous fee for the privilege when I can make calls at my convenience from home.

Plus, data brokers and Big Brother love to monitor cell phones. Can you imagine how much Facebook makes selling demographics and histories?

And remember, Facebook is Satan's best allay on Earth. that is if you overlook human stupidity.

Yes sir. I'm with you.

Don't you guys ever find it funny that we all complain about technology, while using the biggest technology man ever created?

Status
Not open for further replies.