PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Whoop! Lucked into a 8oz Margate from Milantobacco .. Was scanning.. out of stock. out of stock. out out out out in. out out out . wait what??? LOL

mechanic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 1, 2018
Nice find. i still havent tried any yet i like to just get whats readily available. Still working on my taste dont wanna fall for something i cant get when i want.seems their blends have been showing up more this past month or so

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Have about 6 oz of Dunbar stashed away but don’t know how it ages.
Dunbar ages like any other Va/Per ages. Whether the aging is an improvement is a matter of personal preference. Germain's is an old school blender in that it ages blends before releasing them, so that they're ready to be enjoyed off the shelf. They consider further aging unnecessary.
What I've been told is that it loses a little bit of sweetness from the topping while the Virginias get a little richer. I have a couple of bags aging away just to see how it does.

cohibajoe

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
Nice....Someone else has 2oz Margate and Pembroke now.

I noticed the sites we have listed is dropping a little at a time...Smart

dare66

Might Stick Around
Dec 24, 2018
So are those blends really good or are they sought after because they are hard to get a hold of. I haven't tried any of them.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
I can say that they are actually that good. Pembroke is my fav.. I still haven't tried penzanze or stonehaven. But Margate,Pembroke,Dorchester, Dunbar are all very good!

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I smoke Margate probably 60% of the time, for my palate it really is that good. On the other hand, I find Penzance one dimensional and kind of boring and I find Stonehaven pretty middle of the road. Although I don’t think if I were just starting out I would even bother with Germains blends as anything more than a treat, they are just too hard to source on a regular basis for most people and why get really fond of a blend that eludes you? If I were just starting out now, I would concentrate on G.L. Pease’s blends, MacBarens HH Line of tobaccos and Hearth & Home’s better lines. Good luck to you on whatever you try, remember, it’s the journey not the destination.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
the hunt is half the battle! but yes G.L Pease. pretty much awesome. Macbaron is bitey, Im still waiting for my anniversary kake from H&H.

Status
Not open for further replies.