PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Well, just a quick inquiry, since on the theres pretty much noting existing information about the current manufacturer of Lubinski pipes, does anyone happen to know whether these are made in Italy or France, just recently I got me a long shaped canadian which had a removable stringer inserted,this detail lead me to a thoughts if they are producing them somewhere in France, and package readings said noting about the country of origine of these pipes,Thanks for added info,

saintpeter

Lifer
May 20, 2017
Not real sure, but in '62 I think it was taken over by the son and became Lubinski Ltd. of Italy (as I am quite sure you already know). Of course that does not mean the pipes are made there.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
A brand new pipe? Only info I could find was from the Lubinski site.
http://www.lubinski.it/?page_id=64&lang=en
I do know that Mastro de Paja made pipes for Lubinski in the distant past (early '70's). A pipe marked Mastro de Paja For W. Lubinski.
mdpfin2-003-600x450.jpg

The whole Mastro de Paja story and the role Wojciech Lubinski and his son Mario played in it can be read here,
https://pipedia.org/wiki/Mastro_de_Paja
:)

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
And when I see those for sale mostly they're offered either in Italy or France

I was a bit apprehensive in buying one but happily this pipe did meet my standards more or less ,,finishing & drill both are satisfactory,

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
and what is most interesting this my brand new Canadian by Lubinski pipe performs very similar to my Rattarays highland canadian (made in France)both these pipes come with a high glossy laquier finish (which is downside in my opinion)have a biot narrower airflow and drilling,yet both have tendency to get hot,the former one is $70 and the latter Rattrays version $ 135 as for canadian models these both are pretty light in weight,lighter than Peterson or Savinelli pipe offerings in the same model range but Savinelli or Peterson due to thicker bowl walls are smoking cooler,I have to which compare.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Hmmm. This is all new to me. I only fairly recently became aware of Lubinski, and then only through their Italian-market Peterson pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.