Louisiana Allows Tobacco Retailers To Reopen.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Of course, only a cynic (i.e. me) would suggest that this could be due to the polies in the state government running out of cigars...
Could be but the guvenor is a anti-smoking person (at least publically). However, Mayan Imports have a lot of customers who are in law enforcement and I personally know seven or eight who are doctors or nurses.

But, I think it has more to do with the state tax on tobacco products.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The tobacco tax as political pressure sounds probable. It sounds like they are making an effort to minimize health risk. I think some kinds of leniency here and there are actually a way to keep social distancing around long enough to be effective. ...I just deleted the rest to maintain the requested upbeat tone.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The tobacco tax as political pressure sounds probable. It sounds like they are making an effort to minimize health risk. I think some kinds of leniency here and there are actually a way to keep social distancing around long enough to be effective. ...I just deleted the rest to maintain the requested upbeat tone.
I also think they started to see some results from the social distancing that has lead them to believe that a relaxing of the self-quarantine and essential business rules were in order. Curbside pick-up has been allowed for restaurants since the beginning. I think they have realized other business can operate under the same constraints. I noticed that fabric and craft stores in my little corner of Louisiana are also doing curbside pickups now.

As long as people following the guidelines, we may see an end to this... eventually.

Reactions: varrj and BROBS

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
Here in NYS my cigar shop takes the order by phone and brings my cigars out to the truck... cant wait to sit down with the boys again though

Reactions: gervais
Status
Not open for further replies.