PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
We got 5”, just North of me had 14” officially. I love snow, helps being on vacation for a few weeks.

btwes7

Lifer
Jul 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
About an hour North of Pittsburgh. Snow’s coming down lightly but nothing yet too bad. Nonetheless staying inside enjoying a bowl.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Just pray you don't lose power like a large number of KC residents. We lost it at my house for three days. Some were very unlucky and lost it for 6 days.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
PA shut down all commercial interstate travel, with the exception of I-95. I'm hoping my commissary trucks were well South of their origin point of Binghamton NY....

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
It just started snowing in central Massachusetts.
But I am not in the least bit bothered, as I am in the man cave, curled up in blankets in my comfy chair, smoking Rattray's Marlin Flake and sipping Savory & James cream sherry. Life is good.
Everybody stay warm and safe.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Now the cleanup starts! (Well not right now, working on my coffee)
There is quite the amount of snow, but luckily it is very cold, around -16c so it won't be heavy to move. We never lost power or anything so that's good.
This is what Christmas should have looked like.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
We ended up with an inch of slush. Now that’s going to freeze solid. It will be 6*f when I leave the house tomorrow morning.

georgebmcclelland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2018
We also got the slush, here, along the coast of New England. Snow throughout the night, then icy rain and thunder, and now slush and rain throughout the morning and back to 35 degrees Fahrenheit. Maybe next time, snow gods...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Aforementioned sister traveling from Arizona to Chicago was delayed and then cancelled on their connecting flight out of Dallas, spent last night in a hotel, and then instructed to catch a flight at 5 a.m. this morning. Haven't heard since, so I suppose they are struggling through the airlines systems still headed home. Hoping all the best and checking email regularly. The big choke point is O'Hare where snow cancelled everything for a long time. I had a hard life with business air travel in the nineties, planeloads of people ushered onto the next flight while I waited into the wee hours. My wife and I were given an overnight in an airport hotel another time. But nothing quite this prolonged. Raleigh is set to go down to 16 degrees F tonight, extra cold for here, though I've seen five below. I think it may be winter.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
I did a lot of air travel in the past ( over 200,000 miles a year some years ). I learned to watch the weather and pick my flights when I could. I would pick airports with good restaurants/bars if there was a chance I could get snowed in. Not always possible of course. I hated Chicago!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Misspent my youth as a college student and Navy enlisted guy, in and out of O'Hare visiting my family from hither and yon. Glad to have a smaller but still international airport within a twenty minute drive or less, with non-stops to London and Paris, really cool. O'Hare and Atlanta are famously so spread out and congested. Difficult to find good food, long concourse hikes to everything, dazed by fluorescent glow. At least Atlanta used to have long rows of rocking chairs for comfort...or was that Charlotte?

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
Charlotte has rocking chairs, Atlanta had black recliners and BBQ. detroit had good sushi, Seattle had good fish and coffee as did Portland. LAX had almost anything you wanted. Honolulu did have one good sushi place but not much else.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I would be happy if I never saw another snow flake again for the rest of my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.