PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Usually I am commenting in Tom's threads about various rain storms to hit the southern US. Not today. Looks like a load of snow and very cold temperatures around the Great Lakes today. Looks like a nice day to load up a pipe (unless you have to go outside that is)
Stay warm fellow pipers!

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Snow started here in West Michigan last night and snowed a bit overnight. The ground is covered again, which my kid will think is great. I see sledding in our future. As I look out the window, the snow is coming down again. While we aren't in the heaviest area, I think we'll get some good accumulation this weekend.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Initial forecasts had SE PA down for 5-10”, but it now looks like we’ll be lucky to see an inch before the rain takes over. The real news is Sunday night, when temps drop into the low single digits. It’s times like this that I do think that it would be nice to smoke a pipe in the house.

davet

Lifer
May 9, 2015
Estey's Bridge N.B Canada
Lots of critters around lately, stocking up on the free/easy eats I suppose. Traffic does increase before weather events and the cats act extra weird :crazy:

This showed one up at about 10am, normally they don't come in until dusk and two more just arrived as I'm posting this.
win_20190119_102518-600x337.jpg

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
We got several inches last night. My kids need to start shoveling. There are several things that have to happen today.
Normally, I enjoy shoveling, but I have been sickly for several weeks. I deeply regret the last time I tried to smoke my pipe.

techie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2018
I'm a bit north of downtown Pittsburgh. Yesterday they forecast 5" to 8" of snow by late evening. It snowed very lightly here for about 15 minutes, and now they show only rain this evening.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My sister's flying home to Chicago from Arizona today, so I'm hoping the snow and unpaid airport employees don't dog her trip. She sent photos from Arizona that were snow scenes too. Here in central N.C., it's pretty pleasant, forties/fifties, but headed down tomorrow night into the teens. We had a big blast of snow, for us, before Christmas, and I'd be surprised if we don't have one or two more snow or wintry mix episodes this year. We usually get some spring days, on and off, in February. Growing up in the Chicago area, February was a month of winter resignation, when you stopped waiting for spring and snow and ice were always on the ground, kind of a hibernation time. A brisk walk was like a workout; scarves, gloves and hats were standard.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
Having a nice lunch and a couple beers right now here in metro Detroit. Gonna go home, have a nice bowl of TBD, and then do round 1 of snow blowing. Round 2 might be around 9 or so.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
Krizzose: where are you in Metro Detroit? My wife grew up in the Keego Harbor area

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
We got a little snow here in Wisconsin last night. Nothing much though. But this weather is impacting my P+C order....

Status
Not open for further replies.