PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I am currently ,missing a 1969 Dunhill LB. It is somewhere in my house. I only smoke at home so it is here. One day it will turn up. Other than the Dunhill I have never lost a pipe.

Now lighters are another matter. I lose them in my house, order a replacement when I can't find it then it turns up like magic after the new one gets here.
I currently own 4 IM Corona Pipemasters.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just on the topic of losing objects, I lost a great leather jacket I bought in Hong Kong while on liberty off the minesweeper. Back at Long Beach, it was stealthily ripped off out of a locker when I went from the locker club to the gym. The key had been "borrowed" and the locker re-locked and the key returned to the gym. Years later, it occurred to me exactly who had done it, the facts and a stray remark or two bringing it all together, but at the time I had no idea. I did not however lose the tailor made (bespoke) three piece suit in English wool I'd had made. I was too tall and way too skinny for anyone else to use that.

Reactions: Jef

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
I've had 4 pipes get stepped on by horses and cattle, which is why I only take cheaper pipes out to do chores these days.

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
I lost a wonderful Stanwell that was my everyday favorite. I was heading to work when someone decided that the stop sign they were approaching really didn't apply to them. The T boned me at 55ish. Thank god for Honda engineers and crumple zones; I was unharmed and amazingly could still open the door. The car was towed and two days later when I went to recover personal items from it the pipe was no where to be found. I don't know if someone took it or if it was ejected on impact (it wasn't wearing a seat belt). I still miss it. I also learned an important lesson about putting your favorite Peterson churchwarden in your back pocket... don't do it! Luckily there was no damage to the tenon and a wonderful machinist / pipe restorer is repairing it for me.

Reactions: whsergent

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Lost my first pipe which was a Brigham. I didn't smoke pipe much for a few years and notnsure where it went.

Also lost an amazing little cracked up beater pipe somewhere on the streets of Romania...filled the void with a MM cob and lots of flea market estates during my travels, but I do miss it!

Status
Not open for further replies.