PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
One of my favorite pipes is finally back in the rack. In 2012 I was in an auto accident and thought I'd lost this pipe during that event. I told my wife who told me I hadn't lost it; she remembered it being in the camper when we went to the Grand Teton National forest shortly after the accident. I was sure she was wrong. I had taken pipes, but not this one. Today I decided to do a spring cleaning on the camper and as part of it I put the slider out. I heard something rattle under the couch and when I looked, there was the pipe! Studio_20200314_231445.jpg
Eight years and many, many camping trips have gone by. The slider has been out countless times. I have no idea how it's eluded me all this time. I have eight years of "I told you soes" to listen to, but it's worth it. I finally have my Royal Danish 996 back. The second picture is with its rack mate; a Stanwell 96.
Studio_20200314_232055.jpg

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
I had almost the same thing happen to me. I had an old 70’s Algerian briar bulldog that went missing from my collection for a few years and I completely forgot about it. My wife found it in a bag in our closet, along with a couple of dried out cigars. We have no idea how they got into a bag of random tax/paperwork. Congratulations on your find.

Reactions: Pierre1965

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's funny the way things we lose are rediscovered. There's a Buddhist saying about looking for lost items. You are not looking for your keys; you are looking for yourself ... or something like that. It's like the prodigal son; this pipe will always have a special place in your memory.

Reactions: Pierre1965
Status
Not open for further replies.