PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Molto Dolce was graciously gifted to me by a forum member when I purchased an estate off of him. It's definitely a people pleaser, both the room notes and tin notes are delicious. Almost like a Toblerone chocolate bar (if you've ever had it). This is the only tobacco I've ever smoked that tasted exactly like it smelled. It was a bit different and a bit wet right out of the tin, but smoked fine. This is and will be my go to Aro anytime I want to take those around me into consideration. This would please the pickiest of wives. I absolutely love it, I've got 4 more Sutliff Private Stock blends that I cannot wait to try now, but I just figured I'd let everyone know that Molto Dolce is the tastiest, most pleasant smelling smoke I've had to date.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
Added to my checklist for my next TAD acquisition.
thanks.

05venturer

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Amery,WI
I just tried Molto Dolce for the first time a day or two ago and found it quite good also, not enough punch for me to smoke everyday but good for a change of pace. Might have to add another tin to my next order.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I am always looking for a good aromatic. I have found two so far. I will add Molto Dolce to my "Must Try" list.

pylorns

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Austin, Texas
www.thepipetool.com
I also enjoy it. I reached for it the other day when I was sitting outside with my neighbors watching our kids play. Out of the 3 women in the group they all kept commenting about how awesome it smelled, one actually came up and wanted me to puff smoke into her face... now that was a bit weird. But she is a smoker (cigarettes) so I guess it comes with the territory.

Jan 8, 2013
Alexander Bridge is a good one from Sutliff as well. I may have to try this Molto Dolce. I'll have to add it to the list that keeps on growing. :)

bullbriar

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2013
I do enjoy Molto Dolche when I'm in the mood for something sweet. My stand-by aros are Plumcake and Trout Stream, though.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
For those of you that are fans of Molto Dolce but wish it came in a larger quantity, some guy on P&C's reviews mentioned the bulk tobacco 'Creme Brûlé' was essentially the same thing and much cheaper. Just a thought for those of us that love Molto Dolce :puffy:

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Oh my god pylorns that is freaking hilarious!!!
And 05venturer, your right there isn't really much of a punch to it. But I don't usually want a nice punch when I want to smoke an Aro, I use them as almost a break from the routine. But I could smoke bowl after bowl of it because I love the taste and smell.
And everyone else, I'd love to hear about how your experiences with Molto Dolce go and what you think about them :)
Glad I could help,

Shayde

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I had a free tin of it. Not a bad blend. It is extremely moist though in the tin. Even after drying for a few hours it still crackles when you smoke it. Amazingly enough though it barely gave me any tongue bite. The tin note smell does transfer over almost exactly into the taste of the smoke. I liked how it created very billowy plumes of smoke. Great blend for blowing smoke rings. It's definitely a crowd pleaser. The room note is superb.
I might pick up a tin here and there, but it won't replace 1Q as my go-to blend.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
@05Venturer

The two I enjoy are McClelland Holiday Spirit and Solani X Sweet Mystery.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I like the smell and taste of Molto Dolce however it is the most damp tobacco I've ever attempted to smoke. I dried mine out for days on a sheet of paper that would be completely discolored over night and then I'd replace it with another sheet each day with the same result. I still couldn't smoke it. Sizzle and pop and not stay lit.
I think Villiger's Mid-Day is probably the best aro going.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
After your experience with Moulin Rouge I'm very much looking forward to it! Haha, but yes Molto Dolce is very moist. I didn't have a problem keeping it lit straight out of the tin though. I wonder if Moulin Rouge is the same way? Has anyone tried any other tobaccos from Sutliff? Maybe it's a common trait of their aromatics. I was just blown away by how well the smell the tin note carried to the taste of the smoke. It was definitely a pleasant surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.