Jun 6, 2017
Here
charlie-brown-600x462.jpg

jay-roger.jpg

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It was John Cotton's #1 that did it for me. Enough easily accessible flavor in an English for a new person to dig into.
Or Grape....
jay-roger.jpg

dahvrok

Lurker
Apr 4, 2019
I live in Greece and have no access to many American blends. Can anyone send me a pack of Black Captain Grape to start with? Payed ofcourse

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Please, the grape thing is mostly in jest.
Though some do enjoy it, I and many others don't. It's become a bit of a joke.
The John Cotton's/English recommendation, on the other hand, was sincere.
jay-roger.jpg

aro222

Can't Leave
Mar 17, 2018
Toronto Ontario, Canada
If your looking for great tasting aromatics you can’t go wrong with Sutliff and Boswell blends.

Choose a flavor you like and give it a whirl. Also for something sweet try Old Toby from Country Squire. It’s fantastic !!!

dahvrok

Lurker
Apr 4, 2019
Lmao, i was suggested Skandinavik. Also found out the Cornell & Diehl family that has strong taste with low nicotine. Apple/Cream for example

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Try around, different base tobaccos (Virginia, burley, Cavendish ...) and see which appeal to you more or most. Try among the blends you tend to enjoy. Buy small samples of widely different types. Jar what you don't like and try it again later, since your tastes will change. You can ask for recommendations, but only you can explore your own changing tastes. Take your time, Enjoy the journey. Tell us what you find. Cornell & Diehl makes great burley blends (among others), as does Daughers and Ryan.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
C&D has Captain Bob's Blend, which tastes like you just ate a bag of seedless grapes. It has a veritable cornucopia of fruits layered across burley, Virginia, Latakia and Perique.

If you can't get a taste out of this 'un, then, like Pipestud says, there is something wrong with your taster.

There you go!

dahvrok

Lurker
Apr 4, 2019
I will taste as much as i can and post here, unfortunately it seems hard to find small portions here, they mostly sell the large ones.
tennsmoker, reviews present it rather like a light/medium type, will try it though if can find it, as i said i have a bit limited variety here.

dahvrok

Lurker
Apr 4, 2019
Excellent site indeed, but when i tried to order i got a message that my country doesnt accept tobacco.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
I buy tobaccos not available in Spain through Dan pipe and pfeifendepot. Both are in Germany and are not subject to customs within the EU. You could try there. They have a great selection although, sadly, no USA tobaccos like GL Pease, Cornell and Diehl or John Cotton. The rest of their selection is excellent.

dahvrok

Lurker
Apr 4, 2019
Thank you cachimbero but i cannot find an english option there, everything is in german and pfeifendepot doesnt have an eshop

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
It is true that english is not available. My level of German is very low (I know how to count up to 12 and how to ask for a beer, and two, and three and up to twelve, see the pattern? :) ), but it is very easy to navigate: look for pfeifentabak (it is pipe tobacco).

Regarding Pfeifendepot, I have received an order 1 hour ago. If you need help, let me know, I´ll try to help.

This is the link for the pipe tobacco section:

https://www.pfeifendepot.de/produkt-kategorie/tabak-tobacco/pfeifentabak/

Status
Not open for further replies.