PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
Can anyone recommend a good English style tobacco, hopefully in bulk, that has a higher nicotine content than the majority of others? I like Nightcap a lot and I'm looking to experiment with others like it. Thanks in advance, TB

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
If you're interested in an English with cigar leaf, C&D Billy Budd is a pretty sizeable vitamin N dose, and it's readily available in bulk.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
+1 on C&D Billy Budd. It knocked my socks off. I've been smoking a pipe for 40+ years, and that one was a little tough for me. But, not as tough as SG's 1792 (not an aro, though), for me.
My .002

tombraider

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 21, 2013
I like the sound of that Newminster and the price is crazy too (good). It is backordered, but I will order some in a week or so and see if it fits the bill. Thanks for the tip.

ffmurray

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2013
Newminster English Oriental sounds interesting after reading the reviews of it, Ill have to give it a try, thanks shawn

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Well, the Russians will certainly kick your butt.
I get a noticeable nic kick from Squadron Leader -- which is as English as you can get.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
This may not help the OP, exactly, but I often skip latakia blends because of the low nicotine. Sometimes, though, I will take a VA flake and rub it out with a couple of pinches of a latakia blend like Dunhill 965, Margate, etc. This gives you the nic kick you're looking for, but with some of the complexity and variety you get from latakia blends.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
G&H Balkan Mixture is stronger than most. It's not as strong as Nightcap, though.

drcarlo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 31, 2013
Yeah, Royal Yacht is nice!
However, I had to smoke half the tin over a moths time to enjoy the taste.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
This was sort of discussed in another recent thread. If you didn't see it:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/english-flake-reccomendations#post-402632
Bob

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
C&D sunset harbor flake is a high nic english flake that I recently was turned on to. No bulk though.

Status
Not open for further replies.