PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A few pipe makers specialize in pokers, but most brands seem to offer them sporadically. I have a Parker and a La Rocca poker (and one or two others) but I couldn't dependably find them offered with other shapes in those brands. Both were located by chance. You tend to find them where you find them; you have to scout around.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Nowakowski is a Polish carver who sells simple pokers with a standard 3/4" chamber but massively thick walls. They typically sell for less than $40. There are smooth and rusticated versions. I have a smooth. It smokes well, especially for flakes. Here is a recent eBay sale.
That's spot on for what I like. I'll keep an eye on him. Thanks for sharing.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
A few pipe makers specialize in pokers, but most brands seem to offer them sporadically. I have a Parker and a La Rocca poker (and one or two others) but I couldn't dependably find them offered with other shapes in those brands. Both were located by chance. You tend to find them where you find them; you have to scout around.
I suppose they simply aren't that popular, but I've seen enough here and there that I wholly expected to find one or more pipe makers that produced them regularly. Ah well.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Actually, eBay has a large variety. Short of having someone custom make one for me, it might be the place I need to focus my efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.