PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chalbach72

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
United States
halbachphoto.com
Hi all, I've been in the pipe game for about a year and a half, and I'm mainly an aromatic smoker. I've tried English blends, and I just really can't get past the smell for most of them (Only one I like is a hand-blended English at my local B&M, the Country Squire). As such, I'm always on the hunt for new, well-made, great tasting Aromatics.
Just looking for suggestions here (Don't really have to be aromatics, as I enjoy pure VA blends as well). I just picked up 2 tins of Sutliff Bacchanalia, a wine-cased aromatic, so I can't wait to try that. Open to any and all suggestions, so please throw them my way! :D

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I'm not a big aromatic guy, but I do enjoy a nice aromatic from time to time. My favorites are:
Lane 1Q

Trout Stream

Warm Up - from Pipes and Cigars

Old Glory - from Pipes and Cigars

Hobbits Weed - Tewksbury and Co.

Captain Black Dark

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
There is also another active thread called "Best Aromatics!", the answers to that thread are likely to be very similar to this new thread.
Sillem's Black

Dan Tobacco Blue Note, Da Vinci, Black Velvet.

C&D Autumn Evening, Golden Days of Yore

Gl. Pease Virginia Cream

Lane Limited 1Q

Mac Baren 7 Seas

Cult Blood Red Moon
I tend to prefer the German style aromatics overall.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
VA Cream by itself is quite harsh, with a pronounced bite that detracts from the enjoyment of an otherwise pleasant blend. I found that by mixing a 2oz tin (well, actually it's a cheap cardboard box with a plastic lid) of VA Cream with 1 oz of Lane Ltd BCA it turns VA Cream into a smokeable mixture without changing the flavor appreciably.

sean81

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2013
Molto Dolce by Sutliff Private Stock. You may find it a bit damp at first, but you can either light it up that way and get the full experience, or open the tin and let it sit for a day or so, and get a toned down version. Either way, it's my very favorite.

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
+1 for Molto Dolce, It is about as over the top as you can get , but I can still taste some tobacco through the topping. The honey part gives it a unique perfumey sweet smell.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
The king of aromatics to me is Boswell Tobacco. Call them up and order their sampler. 8 blends that are all top choices.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Boswells gets really good reviews, I'd also state McClellend's from personal experience.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
I like C&D Autumn Evening and Pipes and Cigars Scotty's Butternut Burley. I would also try blends that have a touch of flavoring like GLP Barbary Coast.

danhester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2016
I haven't smoked many aros, but I enjoy this one by Tsuge(Drew Estate) called The Mystery of Autumn. Also, C&D's Autumn Evening. OK, maybe I just like autumn blends. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.