36 Fresh Brigham Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I should know who on this forum does high end pipe refinishing but I don't.

I have purchased a few higher end Estate pipes lately that I am not comfortable cleaning up and restoring. I would probably do something stupid that would harm the finish or value. They are all FishnBanjo Pipes and they have wonderful bones but need a little TLC.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jan 8, 2013
Fish was very well respected on this forum and elsewhere, and still is. I'm certain there's someone here who would be honored to restore some of his pipes.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Thinking on this a little more. both George and Anthony do spectacular work, but if the work needs stain matching as opposed to restaining, I'd probably contact George first. He tests the matching under different lighting conditions so that it's perfectly matched no matter the angle or color temperature of light. A stain match can look perfectly fine from one angle and slightly off from a different angle because the optical properties of the stain vary. George's work in this regard has been seamless. I haven't had the opportunity to try Anthony and he may be perfectly fine at this, but I don't have first hand experience. I say this as someone who has been widely acknowledged in my industry as having critically accurate color perception.

Reactions: dcon and sandollars
Status
Not open for further replies.