PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm ten months into the year of fully oxigenated blood I promised my heart after flat lining a few days after triple bypass surgery back in June. This June I'll reassess my position. I like the additional moneys in my pocket but, I do miss the nicotine. We'll see how tough, and/or stupid I might be this June.
Wow sometimes you think someone is delightfully grumpy then you find out what they're going through and you think wow they must be some kind of mystical monk to be so chill. Or in other words I feel your pain and am actually amazed by how chill you seem about it.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Delightfully grumpy! I'll answer to that with a smile.;) I like it. Nothing to bet bent out of shape over. I abused my body for 70 years, living large usually results in consequences, self-induced, which aren't so much fun. Still, life isn't bad. Actually life is damned good compared for some of the poor souls here judging from how apparently negative they perceive their lives to be.

Reactions: Sloopjohnbee

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Warren , I had no idea you were this kind of sick and couldn't smoke your pipes. It is nice to hear you are on the road to recovery.

My prickness ( which I totally appreciate, would maybe have gotten banned.

• Haha

adui

Can't Leave
Aug 26, 2019
Mesa Arizona
? Leme see, I smoked a pipe in the mid to late 90's, but put it down well before my youngest daughter was born in 1999. I picked it back up in around may or so of 2019.. So more than 20 years! ?

Smoked69

Lurker
Mar 9, 2020
About 20 years. I was on a cigar kick till my son in law bought me a couple of pipes and a few tins of Dunhil for my birthday a few years back. Haven't smoked a cigar since. Had forgotten how much i enjoyed it.

marlinspike

Can't Leave
Feb 19, 2020
The PNW
17 years. I got back into puffing about a couple of years ago (and still end up smoking a pipe pretty much on the QT because I get tired of the family grousing about it). :oops:

davek

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 20, 2014
I have been on a break for a while. Don't know how long... a few months or so?

As I am nearing retirement at 65, my intent was to work as many hours as possible at my part time job and as many hours on my home as possible, get all medical done that I can, get estimates on work, yada, yada, full plate.

I was not smoking so as to be functioning at 110% accomplishing things and my intent was to be sitting back with everything done in about 5 months, smoking on my porch.

We are on stay home orders in Ohio now, so I can accomplish nothing. I am *so* tempted to smoke. I am in that idle situation which was my goal for returning to the pipe, but I'm thinking that smoking might lower my immune system. It would not be good to lower it, even a little, right now.

(sigh)

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA
I have been on a break for a while. Don't know how long... a few months or so?

As I am nearing retirement at 65, my intent was to work as many hours as possible at my part time job and as many hours on my home as possible, get all medical done that I can, get estimates on work, yada, yada, full plate.

I was not smoking so as to be functioning at 110% accomplishing things and my intent was to be sitting back with everything done in about 5 months, smoking on my porch.

We are on stay home orders in Ohio now, so I can accomplish nothing. I am *so* tempted to smoke. I am in that idle situation which was my goal for returning to the pipe, but I'm thinking that smoking might lower my immune system. It would not be good to lower it, even a little, right now.

(sigh)
Hold titght; similar situation; you are also 'prone' to this so called ailment going around which supposedly beats up the lungs and takes advantage of older immuno-comprimised so from what you say you are better off not. But yes, it's wearing on me too; I'm four months your senior in the hiatus.

Reactions: davek and jpmcwjr