PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
Greetings Ya'll. I'm Sam, I've been smoking a pipe off and on since I was 18, about 15 years now. Started out with drug store aromatics and a beautiful Savinelli churchwarden that my friends bought me for my 18th birthday. One of my younger brothers and his friends later destroyed the pipe. They never paid me back for it and I'm still salty about it.

Originally from Kentucky, I live in the front range of Colorado now. I recently moved from Bucktown, Chicago and frequented the lounge at Iwan Reis which, if ya'll haven't been, is worth the trip to Chicago alone. Amazing city worth a weekend in its own right, but being a pipe smoker, Iwan Reis makes the visit very special. If anyone wants any recommendations on places to stay, neighborhoods to visit, museums, restaurants, bars and pubs of all kinds, I am your guy.

I've taken years long breaks including one recently, but always come back to the pipe. Tangential benefit of that is your cellar just gets better and better.

Currently mostly smoking Va/Pers and Virginia/Burley blends. Germain's Brown Flake with a few years in the jar being my main smoke right now. Cheers and happy holidays!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Greetings Ya'll. I'm Sam, I've been smoking a pipe off and on since I was 18, about 15 years now. Started out with drug store aromatics and a beautiful Savinelli churchwarden that my friends bought me for my 18th birthday. One of my younger brothers and his friends later destroyed the pipe. They never paid me back for it and I'm still salty about it.

Originally from Kentucky, I live in the front range of Colorado now. I recently moved from Bucktown, Chicago and frequented the lounge at Iwan Reis which, if ya'll haven't been, is worth the trip to Chicago alone. Amazing city worth a weekend in its own right, but being a pipe smoker, Iwan Reis makes the visit very special. If anyone wants any recommendations on places to stay, neighborhoods to visit, museums, restaurants, bars and pubs of all kinds, I am your guy.

I've taken years long breaks including one recently, but always come back to the pipe. Tangential benefit of that is your cellar just gets better and better.

Currently mostly smoking Va/Pers and Virginia/Burley blends. Germain's Brown Flake with a few years in the jar being my main smoke right now. Cheers and happy holidays!
great avatar by the way.

Sloopjohnbee

Lifer
May 12, 2019
Atlantic Coast USA

Welcome - Nice Avatar

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA

Hello Sam, from Fresno, California! Nice to have you. I’d sure love to visit Iwan Reis some day before it’s gone... as I’m sure it’s only a matter of time...

Reactions: chopper

Mr.Pink

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2020
Chicago IL
Hello Sam, from Fresno, California! Nice to have you. I’d sure love to visit Iwan Reis some day before it’s gone... as I’m sure it’s only a matter of time...
Nah, not going anywhere. They cater,or should I say sell mostly to the cigar smoker and nothing but money where they are located. "Chicago's Diamond district"

wayoutwest

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 28, 2016
KY
Nah, not going anywhere. They cater,or should I say sell mostly to the cigar smoker and nothing but money where they are located. "Chicago's Diamond district"

I agree, mostly. Iwan Reis has a pretty healthy, devoted local following and, in my experience, plenty of tourist traffic. But as with all legacy brick and mortars, it will likely depend on their landlord.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012

Welcome to the forum. Btw, who is the cartoon character you're using as your avatar?

Reactions: chopper
Status
Not open for further replies.