PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Back in the 80's, I grew my hair out, but it's so curly that I get something in between Dee Snider and Art Garfunkel. Ha ha. I kept it back in a pony tail into college, but I quickly found that when I got a haircut and started dressing nicer that people actually listened to me and paid attention to what I did. So, I never went back. Plus, the quality of women that having a short hair gave me was much better.

Dee Garfunkel. Love it.

We've definitely had different experiences. Having long hair in college brought more quality women, not less. It precluded my having to deal with squares and those that were just trying to please their parents.

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
I've had long hair on various occasions. It was surprisingly effective with the female kind, oddly enough during my Frank Zappa phase.

I was tempted to grow the top right out and undercut the rest, and went for it a bit last summer. I quite liked it, but it was a pain once the undercut went.

The problem is, my hairdresser likes my hair too much and refuses to cut it too short, and he does such a good job I don't want to anger him.

• Wow
Reactions: JOHN72

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Had long hair in college. Girls liked it. Army dictated my hair style for 22 years after that. Girls liked it. Now it's thinning a bit so I've shaved my head a few times to prep the family for that eventuality. Luckily my head is round with no flat spots, so I'm good there, too. But I have a bit of hair now, for winter.

20211031_165202.jpg

Jan 27, 2020
Had long hair in college. Girls liked it. Army dictated my hair style for 22 years after that. Girls liked it. Now it's thinning a bit so I've shaved my head a few times to prep the family for that eventuality. Luckily my head is round with no flat spots, so I'm good there, too. But I have a bit of hair now, for winter.

View attachment 127351

I don't know if it is female, but your friend is pretty.