PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I would sure try to hit JJ Fox if possible. That is where the Pipe Club Of London meets. It's one of my favorite places in London. But looking at the address (19 St James's Street, London) compared to your hotel, it is a bit of trek to get there and they close at regular business hours. It might be tight to get there.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
You might as well give a half hour to also visit Davidoff's up the street from Fox's. I got a great basket pipe there for about $35. A smooth Parker bent billiard.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
You might as well give a half hour to also visit Davidoff's up the street from Fox's. I got a great basket pipe there for about $35. A smooth Parker bent billiard.
I just looked that is close. I will definitely hit both. Thanks!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
In these major cities it is tempting to take public transportation, but in this case, I'd highly recommend you break for one of London's famous black taxi's. It will save you the energy of a day's work going and coming. Boarding one of those ancient wooden-step escalators in the Underground for the thirty-fifth time, my late wife and I just broke into spontaneous gales of laughter at the repetitious monotony of the thing. After that we still rode the Underground but took some cabs too.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Do not miss Fox's, they are great people. Great history in an interesting part of London for manly pursuits. St. James is also home to Geo. Trumperer, Taylor of Old Bond Street for shaving, Tricker's and Church's for brogues, Pinks of Jermyn St....and of course, the Clubs.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Dunhill is near Davidoff - just walk past Lock and Co, same side on St. James’s.
There is also a small tobacconist in Covent Garden. Quite charming. I bought a B42 Standard and a pouch of one of their mixtures. Came home with a broken-in pipe and almost no mixture left :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.