Local Online Auction Has a Lot of Interesting Looking Pipes for Sale.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

Hi Guys,
I haven't been around for a while because I kind of lost my interest in pipe smoking. Several of you have helped me in the past and even sent me pipes and tobacco to try. Thank you! Maybe the information I am about to provide may pay your kindness and helpfulness forward.

If any of you are interested, I have provided below a link to a local online action. It has numerous pipes that look very interesting. See Lots #211 through #240. I am not associated in any way with this auction. I just thought that some members here may be interested.

On a personal note, if any of these pipes have any collectors value, I would like to hear about their history.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Seems like a nice area to visit up there, Pequot Lakes. Browsing antiques is my wife and I's "middle ground" that we both enjoy. Maybe I can convince her to take a weekend road trip up there once things settle back down.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
This is a very curious system, the auction by Bid-2-Buy.

I think I won an auction (for a pipe) as my bid was the high bid, but there are no notifications or emails that pop up immediately. Perhaps once the auction is over they'll make a request for payment. It's different than eBay, which asks for payment almost immediately after the auction.

Another curious feature is that there seems to be a "reserve" value. If that value isn't met the auction is extended by 2:30 time. So you think you've won and they tack on a couple of minutes to see if the auction goes higher. I was a little caught off guard by that.

cabinfever

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 6, 2016
This is a very curious system, the auction by Bid-2-Buy.

I think I won an auction (for a pipe) as my bid was the high bid, but there are no notifications or emails that pop up immediately. Perhaps once the auction is over they'll make a request for payment. It's different than eBay, which asks for payment almost immediately after the auction.

Another curious feature is that there seems to be a "reserve" value. If that value isn't met the auction is extended by 2:30 time. So you think you've won and they tack on a couple of minutes to see if the auction goes higher. I was a little caught off guard by that.
If you've won an auction lot, you will be sent an invoice in your email tomorrow. Pick up day will be on Tuesday.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
If you've won an auction lot, you will be sent an invoice in your email tomorrow. Pick up day will be on Tuesday.
Spectacular. Thank you for the information! After I get the invoice I'll be in touch with the estate sale folks to arrange pickup or shipment.

I really ought to thank you for posting the link, by the way. Thanks so much.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
@greeneyes, if there is a problem or issue, I would be glad to lend a hand with pickup or shipping. Just send me a PM
I can't thank you enough! Here I am wondering if I can convince my wife to drive 2½ hours up to Pequot Lakes just to pick up a pipe!

I just got the invoice and I'll give the office a call. I thought I'd send up the money order inside a box, and include pre-paid postage inside. Hopefully they'll accept that option.

I'll be in touch soon!

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
? Thanks again @cabinfever . I called up and it turns out they take credit cards and ship too (the info on the Bid-2-Buy invoice indicated it was no credit cards, and pick up only). Looks like the pipe will post tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.