PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
It happens to me too. Granger has a similar effect. No natter the pack, dryness or how slow I smoke them.
Granger is one of the mildest smoking blends I’ve experienced. I retro most every puff and for me it has a pronounced flavor I love. — that said, this is my number one blend.

Others have described it as a “tasty mouthful of wasps and find it bites them no matter what they try.

LLRR just chemically disagrees with the OP. Plenty of others to try. But when you do find that blend that suits you perfectly — keep it in great supply!

Reactions: FurCoat and Alex.Jr

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Actually S W Aromatic Is pretty smooth and refreshing ribbon cut blend,mild and delightful
It’s liked by so many that I had to include in the order.

I appreciate all the comments, seems that blend indeed affects more people.

It’s a shame, I really enjoyed the flavor.

I’ll keep smoking it, but making sure to give a lot of time between bowls (days). It will burn, but I’ll try to keep it under control.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
Granger is one of the mildest smoking blends I’ve experienced. I retro most every puff and for me it has a pronounced flavor I love. — that said, this is my number one blend.

Others have described it as a “tasty mouthful of wasps and find it bites them no matter what they try.

LLRR just chemically disagrees with the OP. Plenty of others to try. But when you do find that blend that suits you perfectly — keep it in great supply!
I’m curious about granger and have never tried it.

How would you compare the flavor with LLLRR? Is it even milder? More cocoa?

I find LLRR the mildest I’ve tried. Both CH and PA seem more topped. CH with that nutty sweet and PA more on the chocolate side.

LLRR I get a mild molasses and just a hint of cocoa. Where would you put granger regarding flavor?

thanks!

Reactions: Grangerous

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA

I find LLRR the mildest I’ve tried. Both CH and PA seem more topped. CH with that nutty sweet and PA more on the chocolate side.

LLRR I get a mild molasses and just a hint of cocoa. Where would you put granger regarding flavor?

thanks!
You know, I purchased a can of LLRR last year for $43 I believe. Added it to my Order. I’ve probably smoked half a dozen bowls —revisiting LLRR and it does nothing at all for me. I’ve jarred it and kept the can in case any LLRR fan wants to trade down the road.

You may be disappointed in Granger. Reviews are subjective and we’ve all made purchases based upon others recommendations only to find them personally unsatisfactory.

Taste is very personal. Yet I agree 100% with your descriptions of both Carter Hall and PA. — Based on that, you may find, as I do, that Granger does what CH and PA does but better! When I switch back to CH it tastes good but artificial. PA I do enjoy — it’s comforting and not overdone. Granger rocks my world. I never tire of it.

on edit— you asked how granger compares. Full of flavor, for me but I don’t get coco at all. Hard to pin down but a very gentle, creamy sweetness with every puff that sticks around for the entire bowl. Granger is mellow yet richly flavored (for me). LLRR I find bland. - taste is subjective.

if you like coco — MacBaren Burley London Blend is the King.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex.Jr

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
You know, I purchased a can of LLRR last year for $43 I believe. Added it to my Order. I’ve probably smoked half a dozen bowls —revisiting LLRR and it does nothing at all for me. I’ve jarred it and kept the can in case any LLRR fan wants to trade down the road.

You may be disappointed in Granger. Reviews are subjective and we’ve all made purchases based upon others recommendations only to find them personally unsatisfactory.

Taste is very personal. Yet I agree 100% with your descriptions of both Carter Hall and PA. — Based on that, you may find, as I do, that Granger does what CH and PA does but better! When I switch back to CH it tastes good but artificial. PA I do enjoy — it’s comforting and not overdone. Granger rocks my world. I never tire of it.

on edit— you asked how granger compares. Full of flavor, for me. Hard to pin down but a very gentle, creamy sweetness with every puff that sticks around for the entire bowl. Granger is mellow yet richly flavored (for me) time and time and time again. LLRR I find bland. - taste is subjective.
Appreciate the description. I’ll make sure to include a sample in my next order.

Reactions: Grangerous

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal

thanks!
Granger to me is lightly topped with molasses as well. There's definitely something sweet there, but otherwise, it's all burley.

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020

on edit— you asked how granger compares. Full of flavor, for me but I don’t get coco at all. Hard to pin down but a very gentle, creamy sweetness with every puff that sticks around for the entire bowl. Granger is mellow yet richly flavored (for me). LLRR I find bland. - taste is subjective.

if you like coco — MacBaren Burley London Blend is the King.
Never tried BLB but golden extra, HH flake and solani are 70% of my cellar.

I’m sure BLB must be awesome as well.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina

I still smoke them, they are great blends. I just deal with the little bit of temporary irritation. It's not tongue bite and goes away quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.