PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlabamaDan

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2019
Alabama
This is such a cute little guy. The chamber is so small I can’t even get my finger in it. Not sure how I’ll pack it. For now I’m just cleaning. I don’t know much about Willards. I hear it is related to military men.

It’s rough.

Mr.Mike

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 11, 2019
Pennsylvania
Willard's were made by Dr Grabows. They were made with the poorer quality stummels they didn't want to stamp Grabow. The military Willard's were made from the stummels that had extra short shanks. They used an extra long metal band on these. I have a smooth Willard pot, and it's my go to pipe for englishes.

Reactions: AlabamaDan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a handsome little cooker. It looks a lot like the rusticated Royalton apple that Dr. Grabow makes now, except for the stinger. I have one stinger pipe, a Kaywoodie Drinkless, that smokes really well despite the screw-stem stinger, and it is easy and quick to clean. With extra small bowls, remember you can double or triple the length of a smoke with flake, coin, plug or rope cut tobacco, for more like a medium size pipe length smoke. Great job on restoring that fine little briar.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
This is such a cute little guy. The chamber is so small I can’t even get my finger in it. Not sure how I’ll pack it. For now I’m just cleaning. I don’t know much about Willards. I hear it is related to military men.
Wow that pipe looks less like it belonged to a military man and more like it served several tours on the front all by it's self.

Reactions: AlabamaDan

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That's a handsome little cooker. It looks a lot like the rusticated Royalton apple that Dr. Grabow makes now, except for the stinger. I have one stinger pipe, a Kaywoodie Drinkless, that smokes really well despite the screw-stem stinger, and it is easy and quick to clean. With extra small bowls, remember you can double or triple the length of a smoke with flake, coin, plug or rope cut tobacco, for more like a medium size pipe length smoke. Great job on restoring that fine little briar.
I love my little pipe. A half smoke is better then one would assume it would be. And yeah a coin or flake will last much longer in one of those little things. If the bowl is as small as mine then I suggest the reamer part of a Czech tool be used as a very careful and odd tamper.

Status
Not open for further replies.