PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckeye

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 16, 2010
wish i had more time to spend at the shop.i will be back.

http://youtu.be/RdiCrEnGbFI

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Thanks so much for the video. Carrousel has been there a long time and looks pretty much the same as when I visited 30 years ago.
I went to UC undergrad then worked in town for about three years after. For about a year of that I was working in Norwood, so most days I was pretty close to Roselawn, the neighborhood where the shop is found.
Keyer Pipe House was on Main Street in Over the Rhine (once a commercial and residential heart of the city, more recently -- well -- not). Not sure when Keyer closed, and not sure exactly the relationship between the two.
Here's a picture of the manfactury at Keyer's:
keyerpipehouse.jpg

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Well, that was just sheer torment - I've never seen anything like that before and probably never will in the flesh. The pipes, the labelled baccy bottles, the weighing scales, the music, OMG it was all just so perfect.
I don't know whether to blow you kisses for giving me my one and only glimpse inside a real pipe shop, or whether to slap you because I'll think about such a shop for a long, long time to come as the futile travel bug bites. Damn, that's jealousy & frustration to the max.

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
i wish i could of spent more time talking to the owner.thanks for the pic.going to print it

out and take it to them.being that i just found it i hope it stays around for awhile.

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Thank you for this awesome video. I seriously lament the fact that the closest B and M to me is 45 minutes away and Pipes are a mere afterthought (Davidus of Annapolis I am calling you out!)
That place looked like a real "pipe" first establishment rather than playing second fiddle to cigars or rolling tobacco.

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
Nice video....I wish we had a local shop that had that kind of selection. There is a good shop about an hour away, but it turns into a long trip because I always end up hanging out for and hour or two. Then the wife gets mads because I'm gone all day!

Jul 15, 2011
This was a cool video. I just subbed you. I post pipe videos under the name "indethwetrust". Hopefully you will check out my vids as well. Cheers. Eric.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I tell you Buckeye, you made me very nostalgic.
Now would you please go get a four-way at Skyline, then have some ice cream at Greaters? Then please visit the Krohn Conservatory, get a beer in Mr. Adams, picnic and let your dog romp at Burnet Woods, then maybe go to a Bearcats game in Nippert Stadium.
And video all of it.
Thanks.

jasongone

Mar 23, 2011
buckeye i go down there every couple of months. Get one of my favorite blends (Meditation) there, and have picked up a handful of estates.

Status
Not open for further replies.